GON Blast check in

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
First time I met you was in Perry.
First time I met THE FAMOUS Nic was at the blast in Macon. I shouted his name and he looked at me like I was a crazy woman. :bounce::bounce::bounce:I met a bunch of the old GON crowd in Macon at the Blast. Me and tomboy boots became friends for life and I thought Delila was bout the prettiest lady I'd ever met that also had a GREAT personality. Those were the good times.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
First time I met THE FAMOUS Nic was at the blast in Macon. I shouted his name and he looked at me like I was a crazy woman. :bounce::bounce::bounce:I met a bunch of the old GON crowd in Macon at the Blast. Me and tomboy boots became friends for life and I thought Delila was bout the prettiest lady I'd ever met that also had a GREAT personality. Those were the good times.

I saw you there, but I wasn’t one of the cool kids. :LOL:

AntlerDaddy

Where is more details on this event? I‘ve never heard of it.

Emerson is between Cartersville and Acworth, both of which have nice downtown areas. There is nothing in Emerson except for Lake Pointe, but that is changing. I understand that the exit will rival Barrett Place in twenty years.

i just live about 4 miles from there. There is a nice 4 lane with zero traffic that takes me straight to the interstate.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Where is more details on this event? I‘ve never heard of it.

Emerson is between Cartersville and Acworth, both of which have nice downtown areas. There is nothing in Emerson except for Lake Pointe, but that is changing. I understand that the exit will rival Barrett Place in twenty years.

i just live about 4 miles from there. There is a nice 4 lane with zero traffic that takes me straight to the interstate.

GON magazine sponsors it.

The 2021 Ag-Pro Outdoor Blast Is Aug. 20-22
https://www.gon.com/news/2021-ag-pro-outdoor-blast-aug-20-22
https://www.gon.com/news/2021-ag-pro-outdoor-blast-aug-20-22

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I plan on going Sunday

CroMagnum

The system is set up to fail. Each town has a council that controls the growth. All it takes is one to be on the tax payer growth plan. Once you get a certain number of people in a town you must provide a certain number of section 8 housing to qualify for the government money.

They usually lean at buying out a old apartment complex and zone it out of the towns regular students. They start voting to provide affordable housing to provide employees to entry level restaurants. Our high school had a 10/10 rating when we moved here.

This is a problem as well. Parents want to get their loser out of the ghetto and in a better school. now with the section 8 students attending the school with all the refugees from Clayton county the rating just dropped to 7/10 and all the parents of non criminal students start the flight to a better school.
The council has grown the town to attract big business to move big companies here. Big business starts hiring and they come from all over for the job and move in the section 8 apartments.

There are good people in poor housing, but they struggle to offset the cost of fighting off the bums that do not wish them to have anything. They can’t save for a better life with the car getting stolen twice a year and the apartment getting robbed once a month.

The councilman’s career is dependent on how much revenue he brought to the town if he wants to move up to mayor or some other goal. No one ask did you ruin the town, only did you grow the tax base.

This overview is not the whole story, but that would take hours.

Basically once the splurge comes, you won’t fight it off past the day someone gets on the board who came from “another success” like anywhere in yankee town.
Welp - I have to agree with a lot of what you stated

CroMagnum

Yep, once back on 75 just continue to 575/515. I have to train in south Atlanta next month and always use 285. Drives my wife nuts I hate going thru the heart of Atlanta. I went to Hancock 285 to I-20
Next time you make that trip stop in Covington and say hello

riskyb

Last blast I went to, there were more nOn hunting vendors than hunting vendors and a bunch of fishing rods kinda defies the point