GON Marketplace Has Changed to GON Classifieds

Mike_Rhodes

Staff member
The GON Marketplace is now the GON Classifieds.

The new GON Classifieds uses the same username and password as the main GON website at GON.com.

If you have already created an account on the main GON website, you are good to go! However, if you haven't set up a username and password for GON.com, you’ll need to do that in order to have access to the new Classifieds.

Your old Marketplace login will not work.

Your GON Forum login will not work - but you can register to use the GON Classifieds using the same username and password as you use on the GON Forum.

More info here:

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=886217

rshunter

It must not be synced up. It wont let me log in with my GON info like it is supposed to

Al33

I sure would like to see a place there specifically for traditional/primitive archery. Maybe even a sub-forum of the archery classifieds.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
How about changing the link at the top right of this page to be to the new site instead of the former site.

GunnSmokeer

Thanks for the info.
I had never used the regular GON page; only this one.
But I do sometimes buy the GON magazine at my local convenience store or sporting goods store.

Today I registered and even posted an ad. It works!

PappyHoel

Can you post a link here to the classifieds? Any plans to make a Single Sign On option with the forums?

JuliaH

I am logged in here just fine but the new Marketplace won't allow me to use the credentials I use here to login. HELP!

RickyB

I am logged in here just fine but the new Marketplace won't allow me to use the credentials I use here to login. HELP!

You have a forum user name and password, but you still need to register your forum name on the main page. I had same issues.

When I tried to log in to the main page it reported my user name already existed on the forum.
Just click on "Register" just below the Red login button and use your same user name and password same as the forum. It worked for me.

JuliaH

Thank!

Got it working...thanks!

Georgia Hard Hunter

just as i figured, after the last fiasco in changing the classifieds I knew the IT department would screw this up to. Im logged into the forum but can't log into the GON classfied site, great history on the I.T. and once again way to put no effort or thought into what you're doing

brandon

Administrator
just as i figured, after the last fiasco in changing the classifieds I knew the IT department would screw this up to. Im logged into the forum but can't log into the GON classfied site, great history on the I.T. and once again way to put no effort or thought into what you're doing
You'll need to create a new account over on the main GON website. Your old Marketplace login won't work, your forum login won't work. The process is outlined here:

http://www.gon.com/marketplace

If you can't get it figured out, send us a message here:

http://www.gon.com/help/contact-us

and we'll be glad to help get you squared away.

brandon

Administrator
It must not be synced up. It wont let me log in with my GON info like it is supposed to

As a member of the GON Forum, you can use the same username on the main GON site (and therefore, on the Classifieds pages). But you'll have to register first.

Click on the "Create an Account" link at the top of the Classifieds page to get started. When you fill out the form on the "Create Your Account" page, enter your Forum username in the Username field and your Forum password in the Password fields. The website will check to make sure the info matches, and if it does, you'll have the same username on both sites.

I'm going to close this thread, but if you have any problems, please let us know. You can contact us using the "Help" link on the main menu of the GON website. We'll be glad to help!

brandon

Administrator
Can you post a link here to the classifieds? Any plans to make a Single Sign On option with the forums?
The link to the classifieds is:

http://www.gon.com/classifieds

You can also click on the classifieds link at the top right of any page on the Forum.

As for the single sign-on, it's definitely on our radar. Getting rid of the separate login for the old Marketplace was an important step on the path toward a single sign-on. Stay tuned!

Mike_Rhodes

Staff member
Why? What was wrong with the old one?

Aragorn1 this is why we had to make a change....

The software company that developed the platform that was used for the Marketplace was no longer supporting the product. Over the last six months the number of user complaints and technical issues were becoming overwhelming. Since we couldn't get technical support from the developer we were pretty much up that familiar creek with no paddle in sight. This meant we had to find a new platform. One that was current and would be supported. Hence the change.CensoredCensored

There was no way to move all the ads from the previous system to the new GON Classifieds which is why you are currently seeing fewer posts. The new platform is growing with ads each hour. We had over 100 posts yesterday which is a greater number than we would have on a normal day in the previous MP. This is a good thing. Some of us think that it is because posting an ad is easier since there fewer technical glitches.

I give up. It's just not worth the trouble.

It should have never been changed from the original.

No Feedback, and the Lord only knows who might contact you, or who you might be contacting. It may as well be Armslist or Gunbroker.
I guess there will be no need for me to visit the Marketplace/Classifieds any longer.

Thanks GON administration for ruining a great swap and sell forum.

Mike_Rhodes

Staff member
I give up. It's just not worth the trouble.

It should have never been changed from the original.

No Feedback, and the Lord only knows who might contact you, or who you might be contacting. It may as well be Armslist or Gunbroker.
I guess there will be no need for me to visit the Marketplace/Classifieds any longer.

Thanks GON administration for ruining a great swap and sell forum.

Hello Leon. From your post it appears you didn't see the reason why we had to make the change. It came down to the fact that if we didn't change to something then the other place was going away anyhow since there was no longer support being provided by the software developer.

As for contacts on the GON Classifieds. You can only be contacted by someone that has registered an account on GON.com. This is just like it was on Marketplace. In the new format you can even tell if you are dealing with another GON Subscriber. "Guest" users do not have the ability to contact a seller so our users do know who is reaching out to them.

Not sure what sort of trouble you are encountering. Are you having trouble creating your account? Your Forum username has been reserved at GON.com. If you go to create an account input your Forum username, your Forum password and the email address used on your Forum account. That is all it takes.

We would welcome the opportunity to provide assistance if you would like to give us a call at the GON offices. 800-438-4663. We never shy away from helping.

There are 1000 listings on the Classifieds that have been put up in just a few weeks. It will continue to be a good environment to buy, sell and trade. Hope we can have you as part of it. Look forward to hearing from you. Mike