GONer Memorial Day week at Saint Mark's.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Are those Dave's legs or is he riding a chicken on the boat?

Wish you could stretch out one more day, would sure like to make your acquaintance.
You must be special for Corbett to let up on the bow beck.
He kept me on the stern and jammed into an oyster bar.

Rabun

Looks like a fine time down there! Y'all catch'em up and stay safe...and keep sending us pics(y)

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Ya`ll tempting me to leave my boat and come down just to beg a mess of fish. And a drank of Bourbon....

slow motion

Finally headed out the lighthouse channel. Had a good sized gator try to play chicken with my truck
.He won

slow motion

Ended the day early. The ladies were tired. I got my wife's sister on a bonnethead that took her 20 minutes to land and she was toast afterward. Caught some more nice trout and an over slot red.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Ya`ll tempting me to leave my boat and come down just to beg a mess of fish. And a drank of Bourbon....

@Nicodemus , It would be my privilege to have you on my boat for a day or more.
My current fare (dave) is leaving Sunday; Calvin (Doomtrpr_z71) had complications at the last minute and couldn't make it down. Looks like I'll have my boat to myself on Sunday and Monday. Monday both Kansas and my wife arrive for a few days. Kansas with his own boat and my wife not til later in the day. Slayer and son gonna be here til Tuesday...
So leave ur boat behind and come on. I'd say stay a night if you visit with us in the evening... not sure about a vacancy ($55), place is pretty busy.... inquire soon.

Today's report coming after I resize pics and get grill hot...

doomtrpr_z71

@Nicodemus , It would be my privilege to have you on my boat for a day or more.
My current fare (dave) is leaving Sunday; Calvin (Doomtrpr_z71) had complications at the last minute and couldn't make it down. Looks like I'll have my boat to myself on Sunday and Monday. Monday both Kansas and my wife arrive for a few days. Kansas with his own boat and my wife not til later in the day. Slayer and son gonna be here til Tuesday...
So leave ur boat behind and come on. I'd say stay a night if you visit with us in the evening... not sure about a vacancy ($55), place is pretty busy.... inquire soon.

Today's report coming after I resize pics and get grill hot...
I hate I didn't make it today, the trip would have been much cheaper than the bill of the plumber

1eyefishing

It may be just me, but I think the fishing on the flats this year is a little off. There is a new scourge in the water. The smooth puffer fish. They are chasing down lures, shrimp, and even corks. They literally ate the bottom half of a cajun thunder OFF today. Dave and I headed to the East flats and 5-6 feet of water first thing this morning and fed them well. It wasn't uncommon to see 4 or 5 of them chasing our lures or baits in to the boat. We landed several and cursed them all. Caught several short trout but couldn't find a keeper. Also caught the myriad of assortment of cat fish, black sea bass, and a ton of lady fish. I told Dave that all we needed in addition to the lady fish was a fireplace and a bottle of Corvuosier :bounce:. I think the puffer fish may be doing something to the trout population. We came back inside and messed around the oyster bars for the rest of the day after that.
As I mentioned yesterday, we switched to David's Southern rock music channel today. But when we came inside, we switched up. As soon as I put my favorite music back on, we started noticing large fish crossing an oyster bar nearby so we moved over real close to see what we could do. Soon, we were throwing at fish on top of the oysterbar that we could see. Dave threw to one about 20 or 25 feet away to he saw and hooked up.
Here is the video...

...and here is the result.
About 25 lbs...

20200522_154121_copy_756x1008.jpg

Needless to say, we'll be listening to my tunes tomorrow.

Our buddy Michael had the best trout of the day off his boat but came up with a swing and a miss on what could've been a fantastic picture...

IMG_0374.jpg

Dave and I are going to switch up again tomorrow and head offshore to some public numbers to troll around and bottom fish and do some stuff we've never done before... grouper fishing! We'll see what happens.
Stay tuned....

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Wrapped up dinner on day 2 with some venison t-loins and backstraps courtesy of Slayer and L'il Slayer, marinated in Pay's Signature mix..the seasonall was for 1eye's steaks. Yes, plural. He ate 2.20200522_210022_copy_612x816.jpg

bullgator

Now that’s a GON get together!.......:clap:

1eyefishing

@Nicodemus , after careful evaluation of our resources, I regret to inform you that Mr. Bud Light Slayer says he 'forgot' to bring the bottle of Blanton's. Something about waking up late on travel day…I'm pretty sure he brought 3 or 4 cases of Bud Light Water though. I feel this is pertinent information for you to have since it was part of the story. You will have to bring your own.
Regrets,
...1eye

I'm gonna have to hunt down a new bottle of Knob, also... :bounce:
Would still love to meet you down here, though. Just let us know.

Cmp1

BANNED
@Nicodemus , after careful evaluation of our resources, I regret to inform you that Mr. Bud Light Slayer says he 'forgot' to bring the bottle of Blanton's. Something about waking up late on travel day…I'm pretty sure he brought 3 or 4 cases of Bud Light Water though. I feel this is pertinent information for you to have since it was part of the story. You will have to bring your own.
Regrets,
...1eye

I'm gonna have to hunt down a new bottle of Knob, also... :bounce:
Would still love to meet you down here, though. Just let us know.
Mr Bud Light Slayer,,,,? ? ? ?,,,,Ol Slayer is a great guy,but Good Lord,who drinks Bud Light?,,,,