Good Day at the Camp

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Went down to my hunting land today.

It was plain hot!!!

I shot my new muzzeloader a few times then went out and about scouting some old areas and looking for some new promising areas for this season.

Checked on one of my stands and also looked at a huge persimmon tree in the midst of a big thicket that didn't have a single persimmon on it last season. Boy, does it have plenty now!!!! Some were on the ground, but most were up in the tree. I'm guessing these wet conditions and the occasional thunderstorm are blowing some out of the trees. Same thing with the muscadines. The way it's looking at my club, there won't be any muscadines come deer season, because there are already tons of green one's on the ground. I hope some stick on the vine till September.

I also checked on a mineral lick I put out last October. The lick never got touched during deer season. But now, there digging a hole to China!!! Thought that was kind of strange. I set my trail cam up on it to see what's travelling by. There were plenty of fresh prints in it.

All in all a fun day at camp.

Tommy

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The wind really took a big hit on the muscadines on the land I hunt in Carroll county also. I really hate that. I just hope is was a thinning process and some of the strong ones hung around.

gadeerwoman

Same situation with all the muscadine vines I'm seeing. They were loaded but the ground is covered now in green ones in the past week. Doubt there will be many around come bow season at this rate.

WilcoSportsman

I went down to our club and saw five gobblers walking the public road eating green muscadines that had fallen after a thunderstorm the day before. My grandpa and I also found about 10 crabapple trees that were loaded along with a ton of wild pear trees. I also found a ton of muscadines that were growing in the clearcut. I have found more soft mast this year than in the past three at our club!