Good day with Dad and a Good friend.

Larry Young Jr

The day was a cool one with wind blowing 15 to 20 mph SW. Well it was the first day on Lanier for this year. Marked a lot of fish. Water temp was between 45.3 to 47.8. Found a lot of bait fish in the 15 to 35 feet range. fish stack up around the bait balls. The bite was slow for us. Tried everything in the boat. Lighter leaders smaller hooks, free lining, planners, Redi corks, trout, blue backs, u rigs, everything. It was just slow. We found fish in pockets, backs of creeks, main channels, points. We started at 7 am and finish around 2 pm. First fish was at 819 am. 2nd fish was at 851 am. had a good pull down at 1050 am. The last one was at the end of the day, we were reeling the rods in and we had a explosion and the planner went the other way screaming. I was the luck one to get to reel it in. It was a nice one. All our fish come on planners , there was no sure pattern ! 1st fish hit a small trout in 60 ft off a reef marker. 2 nd fish hit a BB in 30 ft off a point. The 3rd fish hit BB in 70 ft in the middle of no where. So if you ask me where to fish and how? Well start at mouth of a cheek, put out a spread of planners with different baits and at different lengths and cover a lot of water. From the mouth to the back of the creek.
Good Luck and be safe
Larry

Attachments

• photo 1 (7).jpg
    photo 1 (7).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 491
  • photo 2 (9) (600x800).jpg
    photo 2 (9) (600x800).jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 496
  • photo 3 (10) (800x800).jpg
    photo 3 (10) (800x800).jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

fotoguy

Awesome Larry, spend all the time you can with your Dad they will be some great memories...:clap:
Oh, by the way, that 3rd foto needs some smiles while holding that monster...LOL
Good luck tomorrow on the Jewel...

Larry Young Jr

Oh, by the way, that 3rd foto needs some smiles while holding that monster...LOL
Good luck tomorrow on the Jewel...[/QUOTE]

I was smiling, Just on the inside. LOL