Good Deal?

teethdoc

A gun shop I often frequent has a Tikka 695 Laminate/SS in 30-06 for $450 It's LNIB. It was a sample gun. It's not my first choice of cal., but certainly has stood the test of time. Is this a pretty good deal?

Lead Poison

teethdoc, I have that exact same Tikka. Mine is a 30-06 as well.

If the gun is in like new condition, that is a fairly good price. However, I would point out that the 695 is no longer made and see if that would convince them to drop the price down a little.

I'd make them an offer a little under the asking price, especially since it is a used gun. If it checks out and is truly in like new condition, I would buy it one way or the other.

My Tikka 695 30-06 is VERY ACCURATE and has a great trigger pull. Mine likes to shoot Sierra 165 BTHPs loaded on top of 57.0grs of IMR-4350. :shoot:

I would strongly urge you to use to original Sako/Tikka Opti-Lock base and rings. They are a lot stronger than any American made base that utilizes the screw-in style base on top of the receiver. They will cost you a bundle ($100-120), but they are worth it in my opinion.

George W. Bush for President!:flag:

Latest posts