Good Gun

Wifeshusband

I shoot a 45 year old Remington 870,never fails and never had to repair it. I have all of the big B shotguns and still use the 870 because reliability is 1st.

What he said, 870, and the Wingmaster. Never knew one hunter who had one that didn't like it. Most have kept them for decades of reliable surface.

Tight Lines

Brofoster! You should have bought that one I sent you the link to a while back. My whole family is Benelli. We must have 15-20 of them among 5-6 of us. The Montifeltro does not come in synthetic unless it is a special order run from certain stores. I will look around for you...I got my sources...one of my best friends is a VP at Benelli. Back to you shortly...

Reactions: Dub

leroy

Have a friend who went to buy a beretta a400 but wanted to see what it felt like but guy behind gun counter wouldn’t let him hold the gun, he told him fine keep it and walked out. I want to say adventure outdoors but not 100%, was one that always advertises in gon mag

Shug

Have a 870 express super mag for 40 or so years. Never let me down. Every one else in our group has them fancy Benelli's. Mine shoots as good or better than theirs....I just don't shoot 3 1/2" shell's anymore, too old for that stuff now. Going to Texas first of the year to hunt some sand hill cranes

44magpastor

I was in the same position as you, several years ago. Had saved my money and went to my LGS, to buy a Benelli or Beretta. After checking out several guns, I eventually bought a Winchester SX3. Awesome gun, several hundred dollars cheaper.

Every now and then, I get the itch to try something else. Then i shoot my SX3 and say, "Nah, I'm good".

It won the job and has kept the job.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I was in the same position as you, several years ago. Had saved my money and went to my LGS, to buy a Benelli or Beretta. After checking out several guns, I eventually bought a Winchester SX3. Awesome gun, several hundred dollars cheaper.

Every now and then, I get the itch to try something else. Then i shoot my SX3 and say, "Nah, I'm good".

It won the job and has kept the job.
Its a shame they downgraded tremendously when they unveiled the sx4

ghadarits

I own at least one of each manufacturers shotguns not all are steel shot era guns but have and do hunt them all. I’m partial to my Franchie I12 but also really like my SBE II and my a300. Those are my go to guns and they’re all 3 very reliable. The inertia system is a lot cleaner than a gas system so therefore much easier to clean in my opinion. Especially when only cleaning once or twice during season.

ghadarits

Have a 870 express super mag for 40 or so years. Never let me down. Every one else in our group has them fancy Benelli's. Mine shoots as good or better than theirs....I just don't shoot 3 1/2" shell's anymore, too old for that stuff now. Going to Texas first of the year to hunt some sand hill cranes
3.5s out of a pump is for young people!!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
3.5s out of a pump is for young people!!
I shot a whole box one weekend out of a benelli nova. It was uncomfortable to say the least. I’ve shot a bunch out of my 835’s over the years. I actually get better patterns with 3” heavy shot for turkeys.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I do most of my bird hunting these days with a mossberg o/u dbl. if I can’t kill a bird with 2 shots it deserves to live. ?

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I like my montefeltro. Reliable and fits me well. I’d buy a separate gun for turkeys and shoot tss. I wouldn’t want to carry another 12 ga turkey hunting since I went to a 20.

killerv

I am looking to purchase another shotgun. Something I can shoot ducks and maybe a turkey with so the cammo is needed. I've racked my brain trying to find a cammo Benelli Montefeltro. Any good advice on who still has that gun or a comparable option??.

And yes.......I understand most of the guns and ammo are bought up with respect to the social climate!

Howards in Macon has camo benelli m'feltros in stock, they'll certainly ship to an ffl if you aren't in the area

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889490350

chase870

Possum Sox
The 870 is my pick for a no joke bird killing platform. Instead of camo I use rust, scratches, mud, and dirt pattern.
1. the 870 works in all conditions
2. it shoots all shells 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2 inch shells
3. if you should break it and need parts they are easily found even in remote places.
4. with wood stock its strong enough to use as a club or boat paddle

Shug

Also the Rem 870 has a shorter pump then the Benelli.....I tried my sons Benelli Nova on a crane hunt and I was so used to the 870, I kept short pumping it. Also the guides and my son had trouble with their Super Black Eagles

Uptonongood

It seems to evolve into Beretta vs Benelli. Both are excellent shotguns. If you hunt with guys who own them, ask to shoot them on a sporting clays course. The gun fit is the most important part. If it fits, it fits.

Next part: pattern your gun with each choke and various shells (different lengths, different shot sizes). It is really surprising the results you get to see if you only take the time and trouble to check it out.

By the way, I owned Brownings, Rugars, Ithaca’s, Berrettas. My Beretta Extrema 2 was the finest waterfowl gun I ever shot. The patterns it threw with Faststeel 2’s and BB’s using an improved modified choke were excellent from 20 yards out to forever. I love that gun.

Reactions: Dub