Good hunt this AM

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Elsa spawned a huge flush of chants in my usual spots. Yesterday Floyd and I picked 11 lbs. and could have picked more. I kept 5.5 lbs. and he 6.5 lbs. We only took the big ones. I've given away 2.5 lbs. and will use a pound Sunday for soup. Around here in wet weather chants are the zucchinis of the fungi world. Gil

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Sauteed in a mix of butter and olive oil or straight butter or olive oil. Used in an omelet is tops; steak or wild game, especially dove breast medallions and woodcock smoothered with the sauteed mushrooms is mighty fine. As for how long they keep sauteed and vacuum bagged, hard to say because I use mine up throughout the winter and spring. During the present time of many, soup is a great way to dispose of a pound at a time. Here's a link to a simple but tasty recipe:

https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/modern-mushrooms-creamy-chanterelle-soup/

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Sauteed in a mix of butter and olive oil or straight butter or olive oil. Used in an omelet is tops; steak or wild game, especially dove breast medallions and woodcock smoothered with the sauteed mushrooms is mighty fine. As for how long they keep sauteed and vacuum bagged, hard to say because I use mine up throughout the winter and spring. During the present time of many, soup is a great way to dispose of a pound at a time. Here's a link to a simple but tasty recipe:

https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/modern-mushrooms-creamy-chanterelle-soup/

Definitely going to try this.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
They dont taste near as good after they are frozen. Have y’all seen what they sell for in some of those big city markets? Crazy!!

Over $40 a pound. Wish I knew someone that’d buy em for that.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They dont taste near as good after they are frozen. Have y’all seen what they sell for in some of those big city markets? Crazy!!
They're still pretty durn good if you sautee and vacuum seal them. Frozen raw, they turn to water.