Good whitetail WMA's in Georgia

Blackston

Lol to each their own, but last time I checked regardless of where the deer is killed every kill is 1 that is earned. Because as it stands to this very day I have yet to encounter the 1st deer that walk right up to me in the stand laid down broadside and just told me to flat out shoot where x marks the spot. Nor have I have encountered 1 that just straight up walked over to my truck unlatched the tailgate, loaded its own self & expired in the back of the truck for me. so regardless of what region of the state you are in I would assume in some measure or some fashion every deer that is killed is earned 1 way or another. To be really technical about it we could go as far to argue in good fun of course that the "ant hills" we have in this state dont amount to a hill of beans to the "mountains" out West in the "big country". To each their own, I live up in the north Ga region & joined a lease down in south Ga & will say them endless cypress swamp bottoms ain't no joke either. You get turned around down yonder way & you ain't prepared you in for a rough time seriously. I learned to keep 3 methods of self navigation on my behind at all times whenever I try to spice things up & go wade off into the muck.
I’m glad you took my post in the spirit of which I made it !! All in FUN ….

humblehunter22

Ain't that the truth, 2 things that can get you turned around quick is swamp or endless planted pines on flat ground.

Yes sir, regardless of the "woods" you're hunting in guaranteed your butt is going to have to work for every kill. Granted some areas just hunt better than others but heck it is all about hunting where the dangblern deer are and where they aint & where they aint surely is at the house hanging out with your butt on the sofa watching the news or sports channel. It's called boots on ground & studying the areas that interest you to try out. For me personally I like those endless swamp bottoms of South Ga for the fact of the challenge & not so much about voume but quality. I've heard plenty of stories of those elusive swamp giants they stay tucked away in those hard to reach places where they are known to test a mans patience & determination. And brother you want to talk about making sure you eat your dangum wheaties & be mentally prepared trying to wade through in pitch black darkness through the muck fighting off the gnats, skeeters, every biting and stinging insect known to man, watching out for dangum danger noodles every few feet or so and areas depending dangum gators if you happen to be within that proximity of em.

humblehunter22

I’m glad you took my post in the spirit of which I made it !! All in FUN ….

Oh of course lol thats what these discussions are about is poking fun and running with it. Im just saying last I checked Kroger & walmart dont condone a man simply walking in to their establishment's with a loaded deer rifle or shotgun and just go to town slangin lead in the meats department. Ask me how I know because I asked hahaha turkey season was a rough 1 this year was mighty tempted to take my frustrations out on the butterball

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

chrislibby88

Great advice ! I’d look at Dilane, Horse creek, Ocmulgee , Beaver Dam , Chickasaw , good luck
Ocmulgee and Beaverdam get excessively crowded. You’ll be fine during bow season- I will be out there, so don’t take my spots, I bow hunt in the nude, and I walk up and speak loudly with every other hunter I cross paths with.

Last edited:

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Ocmulgee and Beaverdam get excessively crowded. You’ll be fine during bow season- I will be out there, so don’t take my spots, I bow hunt in the nude, and I walk up and speak loudly with every other hunter I cross paths with.
I killed my first buck worthy of hanging on the wall at Beaverdam in 1986 .

jNick

I suppose you could join a hunting forum based in the state and try scouting out good hunting spots online.

There was a guy in the bear forum last week asking for advice on how to use the onX app to cyberscout the best spots on a wma that he named. Unbelievable, cyberscouting a forum to use an app to cyberscout,?. Double cyberscouting. ?
Everyone was really nice, which is something that you would only find on this forum.

Dub

There was a guy in the bear forum last week asking for advice on how to use the onX app to cyberscout the best spots on a wma that he named. Unbelievable, cyberscouting a forum to use an app to cyberscout,?. Double cyberscouting. ?
Everyone was really nice, which is something that you would only find on this forum.

Send that fella over to the political forum….we’ll have fun getting him sorted.…

Ijuts will ijut.

chrislibby88

I killed my first buck worthy of hanging on the wall at Beaverdam in 1986 .
It’s a good property. Nothing over 120 on the GON records though, which is fine with me. Keeps the big horn chasers away. I personally haven’t seen a real wall hanger out there, and I’ve only seen one decent buck, shot him off the ground at like 15 yards walking in a few seasons ago, sadly I never found him.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
It’s a good property. Nothing over 120 on the GON records though, which is fine with me. Keeps the big horn chasers away. I personally haven’t seen a real wall hanger out there, and I’ve only seen one decent buck, shot him off the ground at like 15 yards walking in a few seasons ago, sadly I never found him.
The one I have mounted is probably 80-90in 8 pt . A true giant to a 13 year old Ga boy ?

buckpasser

If you want to be a man, go shoot a mature buck on Cohutta, Swallow Creek, or Warwoman. That’s where the men are men and the bucks are too.

Guaranteed to have to earn one the old fashioned way, and also guaranteed to personally value it more than anywhere else in GA if you can push yourself enough to stay persistent enough to eventually connect.

1C587D8D-F7CC-48FA-A1FB-537AD2B09EE6.jpeg

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Ain't that the truth, 2 things that can get you turned around quick is swamp or endless planted pines on flat ground.

I’ve had my tail turned around a few times in a massive river swamp, and it ain’t hard to do. But not sure how you get turned around in planted pines. Just walk one of the rows out.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I’ve had my tail turned around a few times in a massive river swamp, and it ain’t hard to do. But not sure how you get turned around in planted pines. Just walk one of the rows out.
I don't know either, but I sure nuff got turned around in some pine ready for their third thinning and ended up walking parallel with the road for a long stretch for I realized what happened because it all looked the same.

ThatredneckguyJamie

Were you hunting in FL before? if so which part..that will make a big difference to which part of GA would be an upgrade. There are bigger deer 2 hrs west in the panhandle than you will for the most part driving North 2 hours into GA...