Goodby guys

TomC

If the moderators do not make this a sticky we need to ALL do our part to make sure this stays nears the top of the board! We owe it to him for showing the kind of strength and courage seen in his last post!

It was a powerful post and lots of good energy coming from it. Never knew him but I feel better knowing he's out there in this world or the next.

Madsnooker

It does appear he has moved on to a better place.

Really makes you think about what really matters and I can assure you, its not the new BCS standings comming out this weekend, or who the best coach in america is!!!!

I will see you on the other side Bro!!!!!:cool:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If anybody hears any news of him, please let the Staff here know.

Marlin_444

God has a plan, we all have to go.
Prayers lifted to support you, family and friends.
Take care friend and we'll see you on the otherside!

*V*

Rebel Yell

Banned
This is the poem that our preacher read at my Mema's funeral.

You can shed tears that she’s gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray she’ll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all she has left.
Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her, or you can be full of the love she shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live for yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her and only that she’s gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back,
or you can do what she would want you to, smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

GAranger1403

Been thinkin for a while about what I should post on here. Still at a loss for words. Miss ya Mike, may God be with you and your family!

Been thinking about Mike

And continue to pray for his family.Reading his initial post and all the post afterward has made me realize and put things in perspective.We all on here are probably different,from our college football teams just one example.But the thing that I like to believe we have in common is that we are all like family,maybe disfunctional at times,but a brotherhood none the less.Thanks Mike for helping me to see that.

BlackSmoke

Oh my word. I had no idea. I just soaked my keyboard reading Mike's last post here on Woody's. I'm privileged to say that Mike and I shared many PMs back in the day. They were usually sparked by something negative on the forum, and always ended cordially and all in good fun. I hate that I'm just now finding out about this. Mike was a good'n. He loved his Gators , but more importantly he loved the outdoors. And that is what truly bonds each of us together here. Regardless of your sports team, the brand of bow you shoot, or how many largemouth you can catch, we all love the precious resources that God has given us and I hope we can all see that more clearly.

Rest in peace Mike. Go Gators, buddy!

gin house

I bet Mike is tickled as can be with a less than average gator team sweeping my gamecocks this weekend...... Made me think back to Mike and myself ribbing each other on the gator/gamecock games the last few years. God bless you Mike. This place lost a good one....

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
UPDATE - June 30, 2013

Michael Nathan Evans (sandhillmike)
December 4, 1944 - September 1, 2012

attachment.php

Guys, I was thinking about Mike last night, as this July 2 will be a year since his last post on here. Like everyone else, I too wondered what had happened to Mike. So, I started digging around on the internet last night to see if I could find anything on the man and I have found some info that I would like to share with you all.

As most of you probably have already suspected, Mike did pass away. Mike died September 1, 2012 after a 3 year battle with cancer at the age of 67.

I was able to find this info here Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums and his real name and age here Michael Nathan Evans

Mike's Profile page over on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums can be found here (You may have to be logged in to view his profile page) SandhillMike Read his About Me section of his profile.

Nothing much here, but it has the same info sandhillmike Pofile page As you can see, the information is pretty much the same on all these profile pages, leaving no doubt who it is.

I have sent a PM to the guy that posted the info on Mike's death and asked if he would come over here and share a story or 2 about the man he knew.

Seems Mike had a remarkable life.

Our big Gator fan is gone, but he won't be forgotten!

RIP Mike! We miss you, bro! :flag:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Good to have some info on what happened. Mike ole buddy I know you see us talking about ya, you put up a good fight my friend now rest and we'll see ya soon enough. Bless you and your family.