"goofy" Rod and reel question

HermanMerman

I’m left handed. I cast with my left hand on top (always felt like I would throw the rod in the water if I cast with one hand.) I then have to shift my right hand up to reel left handed. Never thought too much about it. If I flip/pitch however, I do so right handed therefore having no need to transition hands. I hope I have made myself clear.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Right handed. Started on Zebco 202's and 33's plus Johnson Sabres. Always cast right hand and swap mid cast to left. My first bait caster I bought after my 15th birthday and spent all winter playing with it in the back yard, by the spring I could cast right and swap just as good as I had been with the spinners. Started using open face mid 90's when fishing other parts of this rock... got about 200 of all kinds, never had a problem with any of them.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I’m right handed, I guess.. I eat and write right handed. But, I swing a bat and shoot a basketball left handed. When it comes to a casting rod, I’m liable to do that with either had or maybe even both.. fly rod is mostly left casting unless’n some vegetation requires a righty cast or we’re talking long distance. Rod alway stays in left hand on the retrieve/drift.. IDK why, that’s just how I roll, been known to catch a big’un or three along the way..

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
As long as you don’t have a spinning reel upside down and reeling backwards, I guess it don’t matter too much……but I can’t even watch that very long.

GTMODawg

BANNED
As long as you don’t have a spinning reel upside down and reeling backwards, I guess it don’t matter too much……but I can’t even watch that very long.

Me neither. I am not normally bothered by other people's behavior but that drives me nuts LOL. Thats my issue, not theirs.....I own it.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I saw a young fella on a local lake with a spinner upside down and the tip of his rod broke off. Gave him one of my best rod and reels.. on the condition that if I saw him using it upside down I'd take it back home with me. Don't know why... but that just drives me nuts.