GOT A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY TODAY

Thread starter #1

WOODIE13

Mad Hillbilly Sluicer
A Dutch Shepherd/Malinois mix from a buddy that I hadn't seen since we left the kennels at Ft Bragg back in 2009.

My wife wanted a puppy so we drove to Kentucky along with my lab Odin to choose one. imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Meet Mongo.

Last edited:
Thread starter #3

WOODIE13

Mad Hillbilly Sluicer
Boy your in for a ride ! I’ve had both, I don’t have the time and energy for one of those super sport models anymore. Good luck with him, mines name was Nero.

Thread starter #6

WOODIE13

Mad Hillbilly Sluicer
Boy your in for a ride ! I’ve had both, I don’t have the time and energy for one of those super sport models anymore. Good luck with him, mines name was Nero.
Trained quite a few back in my day, but not from a puppy. Saved one that was going to be put down by the USMC because he was too aggressive...ate too many handlers, he was a straight explosive detection dog. We got him certified in patrol and put back into the fight.

My lab is the big brother, teaches him the left and right limits of what is acceptable and not (biting my tail and privates), chasing OUR cats.

I'm going to train to retrieve waterfowl, not by any hunt test standards...just pick em up, shredded, breasted and tenderized 🤣

Right now this future hunter of man and waterfowl is crashed out with my wife, it's all in the training.

My lab taught me about puppies, everything is edible

Thread starter #14

WOODIE13

Mad Hillbilly Sluicer
20210823_184147.jpg Mongo waiting for bite work to begin.

Centerline drills, sit, down, stay and here are solid, 13 weeks old

He will start waterfowl retriever training soon

Last edited: