GOT A NEW ADDITION TO THE FAMILY TODAY

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
A Dutch Shepherd/Malinois mix from a buddy that I hadn't seen since we left the kennels at Ft Bragg back in 2009.

My wife wanted a puppy so we drove to Kentucky along with my lab Odin to choose one.imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Meet Mongo.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

Boy your in for a ride ! I’ve had both, I don’t have the time and energy for one of those super sport models anymore. Good luck with him, mines name was Nero.

WOODIE13

Boy your in for a ride ! I’ve had both, I don’t have the time and energy for one of those super sport models anymore. Good luck with him, mines name was Nero.

Trained quite a few back in my day, but not from a puppy. Saved one that was going to be put down by the USMC because he was too aggressive...ate too many handlers, he was a straight explosive detection dog. We got him certified in patrol and put back into the fight.

My lab is the big brother, teaches him the left and right limits of what is acceptable and not (biting my tail and privates), chasing OUR cats.

I'm going to train to retrieve waterfowl, not by any hunt test standards...just pick em up, shredded, breasted and tenderized ?

Right now this future hunter of man and waterfowl is crashed out with my wife, it's all in the training.

My lab taught me about puppies, everything is edible

WOODIE13

His left ear is up and now can climb baby gates?

WOODIE13

His ears...he will grow into them. His parents push 70 to 80 pounds, til then, rabid chihuahua 20210723_234128.jpg

WOODIE13

20210823_184147.jpgMongo waiting for bite work to begin.

Centerline drills, sit, down, stay and here are solid, 13 weeks old

He will start waterfowl retriever training soon

Last edited:

WOODIE13

Day after waterfowl season ended, land retrieve I have no doubts.

Odin is 85 pounds, Mongo is pushing 55 to 60

PART_1643828868297.jpeg

Last edited:

WOODIE13

Mongo is a blitz, quick, loves to bite....now to teach him to swim like Odin....but cripples running, oh my.

Had some guys tell me I couldn't do it...trained pits, GS, mals and dutchies to work on hand signals. to clear a roadway from IEDS...so waterfowl should be cake

When you have drive, you have teachability, if you know what you are doing

WOODIE13

Hazel came over to go Turkey hunting tomorrow...she taught him a lot just with hand signals after I told her what NO means.

The kong is yours, you just let him borrow it...

11 months old, he's a great dog with kids, but don't mess with them

20220423_235013.jpg

SC Hunter

@WOODIE13 beautiful dog you've got there and I love seeing a dog love a kid like their own baby.

I got the opportunity to watch some of the dogs and work with the handlers of some absolutely astonishing dogs in Ranger Regiment. I've been around dogs my entire life but until that week of training I'd never seen any like that. I've worn bite suits for police K9's and it was NOTHING compared to those dogs. ? 70 pounds of absolute fury!

WOODIE13

@WOODIE13 beautiful dog you've got there and I love seeing a dog love a kid like their own baby.

I got the opportunity to watch some of the dogs and work with the handlers of some absolutely astonishing dogs in Ranger Regiment. I've been around dogs my entire life but until that week of training I'd never seen any like that. I've worn bite suits for police K9's and it was NOTHING compared to those dogs. ? 70 pounds of absolute fury!
Best job in the Army, always seemed like the smaller the dog, the bigger the attitude?