Got Any Plants Coming Up?

Redbow

In containers yet? My maters are up and growing they will be ready for transplant next month. I found some Minnesota Midget cantaloupe seeds they grow small melons but very delicious. Gonna plant some pole beans next month gotta make something they can climb on. Found some Abe Lincoln mater seeds anyone ever heard of those, gonna give them a try anyway and Bodacious tomato seeds as well.

Looking forward to a good growing season its kinda dry here again hope it rains soon. Going to get out now with the nicer weather and prepare the veggie beds for planting. We have a well that we only use to irrigate our garden or wash the vehicles so we have plenty of water for the garden. Its gonna be a fun time anyway with the plants, and a bit of work. Good luck with yours.

Redbow

Maters, squash, cucumbers. I`ll plant my corn, peas, and melons in the dirt.

I have tried squash and cucumbers in containers then transplant them they never do any good for me so I plant those from seed in the dirt. I don't know why I have always had a bad time by transplanting those things but it never works for me.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
In containers yet? My maters are up and growing they will be ready for transplant next month. I found some Minnesota Midget cantaloupe seeds they grow small melons but very delicious. Gonna plant some pole beans next month gotta make something they can climb on. Found some Abe Lincoln mater seeds anyone ever heard of those, gonna give them a try anyway and Bodacious tomato seeds as well.

Looking forward to a good growing season its kinda dry here again hope it rains soon. Going to get out now with the nicer weather and prepare the veggie beds for planting. We have a well that we only use to irrigate our garden or wash the vehicles so we have plenty of water for the garden. Its gonna be a fun time anyway with the plants, and a bit of work.
Redbow you need to talk to trad bow. He’s as Abe Lincoln mater fan. I just yesterday planted my mater and pepper seeds, hope to plant them in garden about third week on April.

Redbow

Redbow you need to talk to trad bow. He’s as Abe Lincoln mater fan. I just yesterday planted my mater and pepper seeds, hope to plant them in garden about third week on April.

Maybe trad bow will chime in. I have never as I can remember seen any Abe Lincoln tomato seed but I have now. Maybe they will grow well here on the coast we will see.

If ever there has been a man who could raise tomatoes by the bushel it was my FIL. He knew the magic it took to grow them big and plentiful. The man always grew better boy tomatoes. But when he left SC for the NC coast when he retired he found out that growing tomatoes in this area is a horse of a different color. When he asked me what he was doing wrong with his maters I knew right then this area wasn't the place to depend on growing a large tomato crop. Its very hit and miss here to say the least with maters.

Redbow

I’ve heard of Abes for years never planted them though, the name put me off.

You know the name of the mater seed almost put me off also but I went ahead and bought a few. Now if Ole Abe can just work his magic on them, or whatever I need.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’m a little late this year, seeds coming in Friday. Gonna get them started asap. Just a hobby garden here, not enough time for a real garden.