Got my first Bear at Cohutta!

whitetailfreak

Someone killed a bear Sunday, and Larry Etheridge(warden) thought the bear was at my place. He had misunderstood the hunter, and being a buddy of mine we had a good laugh over it. I think he finally got that bear tagged. That wouldn't happen to be yours was it? Congrats on a dandy.

WoodlandScout82

Someone killed a bear Sunday, and Larry Etheridge(warden) thought the bear was at my place. He had misunderstood the hunter, and being a buddy of mine we had a good laugh over it. I think he finally got that bear tagged. That wouldn't happen to be yours was it? Congrats on a dandy.
I'm not sure if it was mine or not. I shot mine at about 9:30, checked it out at about 1 at the Cisco station. I was very specific on where I got it at.

whitetailfreak

I'm not sure if it was mine or not. I shot mine at about 9:30, checked it out at about 1 at the Cisco station. I was very specific on where I got it at.

It wasn't yours then. This one was killed late Sunday, and by the time the hunter got to the check station, it wasn't manned. I figured those warm temps on Sunday would have them on their feet. Congrats again.

WoodlandScout82

It wasn't yours then. This one was killed late Sunday, and by the time the hunter got to the check station, it wasn't manned. I figured those warm temps on Sunday would have them on their feet. Congrats again.
Thanks man! I had a great hunt! In all honesty, before I got on this forum, or went to Cohutta the first time, seeing your success up there just searching google is what motivated me to give it a shot last year. Now I've taken a deer, a bear, and a Hog from up there!

whitetailfreak

Thanks man! I had a great hunt! In all honesty, before I got on this forum, or went to Cohutta the first time, seeing your success up there just searching google is what motivated me to give it a shot last year. Now I've taken a deer, a bear, and a Hog from up there!

Kill a turkey this Spring, and you'll have the Cohutta Slam.

PappyHoel

Congrats on a nice bear.