Got my letter today

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations and good luck. Post up your takings.

Arrow Flinger

Good deal. It should be a great hunt. There should be some more woody's members there. Maybe y'all can get together.

ChristopherA.King

I am gonna try for a public land bird this year (mostly from not haven any private land to hunt) would you guys consider Dalton to private or public land?

ChristopherA.King

Well cool then I have already killed a public land bird I have shot 3 up there in the past. It was in the past really good bird hunting up there hope it still is.....

RollnHunter

Hey Chris- DALTON Turkey hunt- Got my acceptance too

Hey Chris- Myself and Ryano will be there too! Hopefully we can meet up either just before or at the Dalton sign-in.

Dalton is full of long beards! Getting them to come to a call, well that may be another thing! Haven't gotten one there yet, maybe you can give me some pointers?

Ryan and I have done the turkey hunts for a number of seasons- it was pretty good when we had volunteers to call and help us gimps set up. I hunted turkey there last year- it was a bit tough, as they had the child's hunt a week or two before that. I think it all depends on the spot they place you and if its been hunted recently.
(The spot I had last year, i was told that the boy took a number of shots, but no kills, lol. My friend and I saw a ton of sign, dust ups, and even a few longbeards, but they were always a ways off, moving quickly away!).

I do want to emphasize that I am extremely grateful the Dalton has a Turkey Hunt for folks who are "Wheelchair Bound". This is a voluntary program the awesome Dalton utility company offers and I hope we get enough hunters to allow them to keep it going. It is the only wheelchair-only turkey hunt that I know of and the property is perfectly set up to accommodate even the most disabled person who uses an electric wheelchair. I wish more folks signed up for it, or they may not offer them anymore.

Been going to Dalton for years, mostly the deer hunts- they were getting really good after a few lean seasons, but they don't run them for people in wheelchairs anymore due to lack of attendance. I think they may be running something for "Wounded Warrior Program".

ChristopherA.King

It will be good to see you guys I haven't been up there in a long time but I have taken 3 birds up there. I actually got my first bird up there. Think I am gonna take a real stuffed gobbler up there for a decoy it has worked great for me over the past few years. Even if we don't get a bird up there it is still a great place to hunt and see people.....

ryano

Banned
I will be on the property by 1 pm today Chris.........rollnhunter aint gonna be able to make it this year because of health issues.

Hope to see you there!

ChristopherA.King

I will be on the property by 1 pm today Chris.........rollnhunter aint gonna be able to make it this year because of health issues.

Hope to see you there!
Ryan sorry I missed you today. I had my son with me and I got up there as soon as I could and looked around so I could get him back home. He is only 3 and I didn't have a baby sitter for the day. Saw some birds and a few deer the area I was given seems pretty good. I hope everyone has good luck see ya there!!

ChristopherA.King

Was tough hunting today very cold this morning and only heard 3 birds on the roost and they were in nowhere land. Had no sign at all in my area but it was a great time and beautiful place to hunt will not get to go tomorrow the wife has to work. Thanks to the Cohutta NWTF chapter for providing lunch and a nice hat. It was a great time...