Gotta a goodun tonight!

jerseycat9

Put my co-captain on a goodun. 27lbs on a mcstick. He couldn't hold it up with his bad shoulders so I had to take charge there lol. Talk about pumped up!
13566293-5E77-461C-8B06-C4B5B8A1D675-1310-000001E3573BDB70_zpse7723244.jpg

Scout'nStripers

Nice JC.:cheers: Did you remember the net this evening?

Lanier Jim

Dang dude...you're on to something the last few weeks.

LJ

jerseycat9

Coolest part is this fish was caught in the same exact area that I had that monster boat side last night and was definitely not the same fish. The fish bit literally within 15 feet of where I hooked that 25+ fish last night. Lucky for my buddy that I was ready this time and re-tied all my leaders and brought the net lol. Must say I did a good job coaching him and keeping him calm to help him get his biggest striper to date. Man I love Lanier at night in the winter!!!!

Hyper Sniper

Congrats too your buddy, and great job of coming back and getting the job done well. You are DA man of the dark!!!

Dirk

Well Done... Not many people have caught 27+ lbers on Lanier with lures. You definitely got it going on with the winter night bite.

Bob Benson

Nice one Terry. You had me on the ropes last night. I almost had my rain jacket on after I talked to you. It was hard to break away from watching the Saints get crushed.

StriperrHunterr

Way to go, cat!

You're killing me, man. I was itching to get out there just because it's been so long, now you're posting these reports almost daily.

jerseycat9

Way to go, cat!

You're killing me, man. I was itching to get out there just because it's been so long, now you're posting these reports almost daily.

Yeah I used to keep most reports to myself like I was keeping a big secret lol. Fact is most people just don't want to fish the cold winter nights and during the week days I rarely see another boat past 7pm. Great part is do better as the winter rolls on with January and February being more productive than November and December. There are fish in every creek from shoal creek and up into the chestatee and chattahoochie arms this time of year just gotta get out there and do it!

StriperrHunterr

Yeah I used to keep most reports to myself like I was keeping a big secret lol. Fact is most people just don't want to fish the cold winter nights and during the week days I rarely see another boat past 7pm. Great part is do better as the winter rolls on with January and February being more productive than November and December. There are fish in every creek from shoal creek and up into the chestatee and chattahoochie arms this time of year just gotta get out there and do it!

Believe me, cold isn't the problem.

The problem is that my knee is still healing from surgery and I'm not 100% confident that I could clamber back in any boat if I were to fall in. Accidents do happen and I'd rather have an itch that I can't scratch than become a statistic.

I can start working it out next week to re-build my strength, so your tips on January and February being better are right up my alley, as is the fact that I live within a literal stone's throw of Shoal Creek.