Gotta be kidding me--Football coach admits to licking player's blood

mpowell

what was this idiot thinking??? or, was he not thinking??? :crazy:

Football coach admits to licking player's blood
March 8, 2005, 12:20 PM

HALSEY -- A state panel is expected to investigate a high school football coach who acknowledged licking one of his player's cuts.

The Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission decided to look at the case after a parent complained that Central Linn High School coach of Scott Reed's "repeated inappropriate behavior."

The 34-year-old was disciplined for licking the bleeding knee of an athlete. The school district placed Reed on probation and required him to take a "bloodborne pathogens" course.

The student whose knee was licked told police it happened after Reed had given team members a pep talk about a coach licking and healing the wounds of injured players.

Reed asked permission, then knelt down and licked the boy's knee.

An athlete says Reed seemed to be "joking around" and the licked athlete was not offended.

(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

QuakerBoy

why did I read that... :rolleyes:

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
:offtopic: Somehow this coach needs to get hooked up with the Chimp victim......he could lick all day...........

georgiaboy

I think the guy just went to an extreme to show that he cared for his players. Yeah, its nasty. He also asked and received permission and the player wasn't offended according to the article so whats the big deal?