Gov Kemp signs bill legalizing CVA 40 caliber muzzleloader

Hillbilly stalker

If a .50 caliber uses a .44 -.45 caliber bullet in a sabot.....how small of a bullet will be used in a .40 caliber muzzle loader sabot ? My son killed a handful of deer with a .36 caliber round ball when he was small. All at bowhunting distance tho.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
If a .50 caliber uses a .44 -.45 caliber bullet in a sabot.....how small of a bullet will be used in a .40 caliber muzzle loader sabot ? My son killed a handful of deer with a .36 caliber round ball when he was small. All at bowhunting distance tho.

The caliber is for the gun, not the projectile.

Jack Flynn

A 40 caliber superslug/no excuses slug is the best flying projectile that'll ever come out of the end of a front stuffer.

rosewood

The spirit of the muzzleloader season has long gone out the window. The modern legalized muzzleloaders are pretty dang close to centerfire rifles so the point has become moot. I do hunt muzzleloader season just because it gives me a week head start on the season. Nothing nostalgic there for me.

I can see this being an advantage in states that restrict the use of centerfire for sure. But for only 1 week in GA, I will stick with my $130 Wolf. :)

Rosewood