Grady County

hortonhunter22

Got report tonight that a big 10pt? Jumped out in front of my other half between your place and ours lefty...bout 930 this am, she said he was thick...maybe it'll fire off tomorrow before weather heats up

Pointpuller

South Grady County on the FL. line. Not much mature buck action. 2 mature bucks killed on our lease in last 2 weeks but both were feeding. Scrapes not worked since last rain. Seeing deer but no rut action as of 11-29. Should get good in another week or 2 despite the mild weather.

Mako22

BANNED
South Grady County on the FL. line. Chr Not much mature buck action. 2 mature bucks killed on our lease in last 2 weeks but both were feeding. Scrapes not worked since last rain. Seeing deer but no rut action as of 11-29. Should get good in another week or 2 despite the mild weather.

Christmas

Pointpuller

You might be right. I monitored trail cams all summer to see when the does dropped there fawns. According to my photos, and backing up the calendar for the gestation period, the majority of our does were bred around Dec. 15. However on last years trail cams the big boys got there pics taken around Christmas.

southGAlefty

Some cool weather would be nice. I'm interested to see what the River Creek quota hunt does this week. Should be a good indication of where it ought to be

Buckfever

I've hunted River Creek the last 3 mornings and haven't seen any chasing at all. I saw deer every morning, but only 1 buck and couldn't get a shot at him. My buddy shot a 2.5 year old 8pt Thursday morning and there was a 6.5 year old 225lb 9pt shot Wednesday afternoon, but both deer were by themselves. We talked to the area manager Thursday morning and he said the rut timing was off. I heard a couple more shots, but didn't go to the check in station to see what had been checked in before I left today.

noah3d

I'm glad y'all at least saw some deer! I didn't see any deer while I was in the stand there during bow season.

sghoghunter

With good weather that will be prime. Find the food/does and you will have some opportunities.

I hope so,just wish the day before the hunt wasn't on Christmas day. That's only gonna give us a couple hrs to find a spot and hang stand but maybe we can find us a good spot

joedublin

I'll be back in the stand on our Whigham lease on Thursday. Plan to hunt for a week, thru Thursday of the next week. Hoping I'll hit it just when it really kicks off. I'm still hunting the big 12 point we call "Big Foot"...been hunting him for 3 years now. Know he's still there 'cause he's still on the trail cameras.

Tailfeather

Same as ya'll are seeing. Does a'plenty and scrapes showing up. I expect it to really crank up over the next few weeks through Christmas. And I have 3 weeks off starting Fri......:cool:

Pointpuller

1 more day of work and then I will be after them at camp for 5 days. Good luck to yall. I will give you an update early next week.

Tailfeather

Good luck fellas, this morning would have been a fine one to be in the tree.

Lefty, Randy Vick tells me you have a tracking dog. Do you track for people much, or just in case you need it?

southGAlefty

We've been doing a little more this year. I told Mr Randy to holler at me if he ever got too many calls in a day and needed somebody to help him out. My dog is a shorthair pointer and he's done pretty well for me over the years. I feel like as long as the hunter puts it in a place where the deer will lay up and die Deuce will find them. If you ever get in a bind and need one holler at me.

southGAlefty

I saw a spike on the trail of a doe this morning with his nose to the ground. He was ready, evidently she wasn't. Been seeing a few does with yearlings and no bucks around.