Grady/Thomas County

maxwell42583

I agree... Swamp creek Im starting to see more sign. Bucks have split up, does are still grouped, but yearlings have been kicked away. Nocturnal like crazy right now though. 7 game cams and I only had 10 day pics last week out of almost 6000 photos. Scrapes went cold last week but many were freshened today. Drove to Miller county to hunt today...not a single dead deer in the ditches on the way up or back. All of this kinda makes me think that they haven't hit full rut yet.

southGAlefty

I saw chasing and fighting from the stand last Sunday morning. Was able to hunt 3 evenings this week and other than Monday movement was minimal. All I’ve seen so far is younger bucks chasing and fighting. It should be happening between now and Christmas if it’s going to happen based on my experience here.

maxwell42583

Watching a small 6 cruise the creek right now. So far this morning it was only a button buck, spike, and tiny 6. No does, no mid level bucks, and obviously no shooters. Almost every year the rut on my farm is Christmas eve to close of season. Last year it started the last weekend of season. We really need to get our legislature to change our dates....

gadawgs86

Very nice buck for Calvary. Whereabouts do you hunt? I'm in the same area as well. Starting to see some good sign and new bucks showing up on cameras. Hopefully they start chasing soon

Thanks GaFlLine. Swamp Creek..seeing good signs also, stare downs, and a bunch of fighting. Still got bucks on camera in groups of 5+.

GaFlLine

Does should be close.... Mature bucks are on their feet

Attachments

• MFDC4451.jpg
    MFDC4451.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 367
  • MFDC4590.jpg
    MFDC4590.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 365

Pointpuller

I checked 5 trail cams today in Grady. Despite the warm weather this week I had several mature buck pics in daylight. Several between 10 and 12 o'clock. The big 5x1 I've been after all season finally messed up and strolled 12yds in front of my stand Wednesday at 10:45 and then again at 12:05. :(

ACracing98

I've been seeing small bucks moving during the day for the last week or so. I checked trail cameras, big bucks moving at night.

GaFlLine

chasing, grunting, 3 bucks on one doe this evening East of the Mule day grounds.... Saw a good 8 point tuesday morning chasing a doe at another tract near 27 and 262 by the travel center.

catch22

Anyone on here hunt near Pavo/Coolidge. Just picked up a piece of property there to hunt and wondering how the deer numbers are. Im used to hunting further west and north.....and not familiar with this area

rvick

Anyone on here hunt near Pavo/Coolidge. Just picked up a piece of property there to hunt and wondering how the deer numbers are. Im used to hunting further west and north.....and not familiar with this area
I live between Pavo and Coolidge. Great deer hunting area.
Anyone needing me to bring out a good tracking dog, call
229-224-1814. Randy

slipknot

How did thomas county do in the storm? Im heading up to Thomasville in the morning to clean up the farm. I hear we lost a couple of structures, lotta trees down