Grady/Thomas County

southGAlefty

There have been some bigger deer seen and killed among my group of hunting buddies this week. One was a 3.5 year old 8 that was chasing hard Monday morning. Same guy saw chasing Sunday afternoon in same spot. This is C/NE Grady County. On one of my places the does are still with yearlings and none of the bigger deer are daylight active. On the other (Pine Park area) I had some daylight pics of a 3.5 year old last week (11/19-11/20) but not much else. Next 2-3 weeks should be as good as it gets, especially if we get good weather.

Mako22

BANNED
Report of a big buck in a hay field off of hwy84 today around 11am. Field was west of Barnett's Creek on South side of 84. He was running in the field. I heard it was a really big buck.

southGAlefty

I sat every morning and afternoon from last Wednesday-Sunday in Grady and didn't see a shooter on his feet any sit. Most of the bigger deer have gone MIA on the cameras too although I do have the cams on corn piles so I don't expect to catch them there as much this time of year. Maybe something will shake loose this week.

southGAlefty

I killed a nice 8 point Monday morning. He was cruising by himself just after daylight. All the other shooters I had on cam at the beginning of the season have disappeared. Hopefully they’ll be back after rut is over.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Hunted the last few days in the heat.Haven,t seen but 3squirrels at daylight.

tvillenole

Hunted the last few days in the heat.Haven,t seen but 3squirrels at daylight.
Been getting a few pictures right after daylight and right before sundown. Did have a couple does show up at noon yesterday. All the bucks are showing up between midnight and 3.

dkennedy

Anything happening in Thomas and Brooks county? I'm on the line, east of Boston. New to the area. I've been told the rut is usually around Thanksgiving through the first week of December. Last weekend there was plenty of scrapes being worked. We'll be there the Friday after Thanksgiving through the following week. Good Luck!!

southGAlefty

I shot and lost a nice 8 Thursday morning in central Grady. I'm pretty sure he'll be back, we tracked him about 300 yards on pin drops of blood and he never bedded even though I gave him almost 3 hours before taking up the track. It was a long shot, I'm afraid I probably hit high. I'm watching for buzzards but he definitely didn't bleed enough externally to die.

I'm chalking it up to the cool weather that morning having him on his feet. Actually saw a smaller 8 pushing a doe about 10 mins before the big one came out. Seems a little early for that kind of activity here but you have to be there when they're ready!

I'll be there every chance I get from now through the end of the season.

dkennedy

This one was locked down on one of our does...
Awesome Buck!!! Congratulations... It's definitely on up there. I hope it's a little later down by us. If not I'll just plan a week or two earlier next season.

tvillenole

My wife shot a nice 8 last Wednesday. Were seeing a lot of action and some chasing but it seemed to slow down with the weather warming back up.

tvillenole

Anything happening in Thomas and Brooks county? I'm on the line, east of Boston. New to the area. I've been told the rut is usually around Thanksgiving through the first week of December. Last weekend there was plenty of scrapes being worked. We'll be there the Friday after Thanksgiving through the following week. Good Luck!!
Temps look really good for hunting next week.

dkennedy

Temps look really good for hunting next week.

I just looked at the weather for next week, it does look perfect. Hopefully that get's them on their feet!