Granddaddy

Redman54

Well I'm officially a doggie granddaddy. My sweet girl delivered 8 puppies this AM. I think I was just as nervous with this delivery as I was when my wife had our 3 boys.....IMG_4640.jpeg

wvdawg

Staff member
Good looking litter!

dslc6487

I have had Great Pyrenees dogs on my goats for several years. A while back I had 2 females and a male. As nature would have it, the 2 females would deliver puppies within a week of each other. Each time they littered, they would have 10 puppies each, so, I had 20 puppies within a week. Had a hard time rehoming them initially, but after a while, I had developed a waiting list and I had no problem getting them rehired. One day a little beagle showed up on the farm. He was about the size of a pit jar, little fellow. He was running up and down the fence at my goat pen. I was feeding the GP at that time and had a bucket of dog food. He smelled the food and tried his best to get in the 5 gallon bucket. So, I got a small pan, filled it with food and placed it in front of him. He was so hungry, he inhaled it, and i gave him some more. Well, he stayed around and one day I was cutting grass and both of my GB were laying down feeding their puppies. That little beagle squeezed his way into the bunch and grabbed him a teat also. GP did not mind, so, until the mild dried up, that little beagle got his share of the milk. Saw him feeding several times. Wish I had taken a picture of him feeding with all of the white puppies, but I did not.

Little fellow grew up to be my best buddy ever. He stayed with me everywhere I went, slept at the bottom of my bed, rode with me in my truck. Kept him for 15 years and he developed lung cancer. He got in bad shape and my vet had to put him down. I am 75 years old and I cried like a baby for 2 weeks. I think of Max every single day. Every man ought to have at least one special dog and Max was mine.....

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good looking litter ! Mom looks exhausted