Grass carp and a few others!

S Adams

Took a day off to shoot some daytime fish

Attachments

• E97282A0-DEB3-4DF5-B60A-8B387CC06F65.jpg
    E97282A0-DEB3-4DF5-B60A-8B387CC06F65.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 544

Josh B

Looks like you had fun. That carp is huge. Getting into bow fishing is my next hobbie. I've been twice and I suck but I might could have hit that carp.

oldfella1962

goodness that is enough fish to feed a small village! :clap:
But I thought grass carp were protected?

TWO GUNS

Got a few the other day

Attachments

• 20180403_131326.jpg
    20180403_131326.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 434
  • 20180403_132027.jpg
    20180403_132027.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 440
  • 20180403_103339.jpg
    20180403_103339.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 437

across the river

goodness that is enough fish to feed a small village! :clap:
But I thought grass carp were protected?

Grass carp are not a game fish in Georgia and can be taken with a bow in lakes, rivers, etc.... They are protected on PFA's where they are stocked to control vegetation.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

"Anglers who use Thurmond Lake should become familiar with grass carp and how to identify the species. Removal of grass carp from the lake is prohibited by federal regulations and South Carolina state law."
Straight from the corps of engineers website.
They aren't protected under state law, but are under federal.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
According to the sign posted at Holliday park, it would be a ticket.

Really?! That's interesting. Haven't lived there in over 7 years but when I did there was no such sign at Holliday. Guess they're trying to work on the hydrilla issue a bit??

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Really?! That's interesting. Haven't lived there in over 7 years but when I did there was no such sign at Holliday. Guess they're trying to work on the hydrilla issue a bit??

Yeah, the sign was put up this year, I knew SC prohibited the removal of them. They are to help with the hydrilla according to usace website. It don't affect me as I've never been bowfishing, but just trying to save y'all a ticket.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I don't get back there often QMOG but that hydrilla sure did make for some good diver hunting back in the day.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I don't get back there often QMOG but that hydrilla sure did make for some good diver hunting back in the day.

That's why I hate seeing grass carp introduced, but hydrilla is an invasive, so I guess they have to take care of it someway. Fishing will hurt too, especially bass and jack fish, but only time will tell, I guess.