Great day at Wildcat Creek

JonathanG2013

Friday I had the day off. I usually use my fly rod to fish, but it was broken. So I had to use my spinning reel. Stopped by unicoi outfitters. Got advise from Wes to try a F7 rainbow trout rapala. I arrived at Wildcat around 9:15 AM. The sliding rock hole was empty so I decided to try it with the rapala. I had a wonderful time. Ended up catch 20 brown trout total in 2 hours. About 30 minutes into fishing two older couples in their 70 to 80's showed up to the hole. I had a wonderful time talking and fishing with them. They caught all of their limit also. I had never caught a brown there before. It was so much fun catching them with the rapala. The browns were hitting it like a bass. I hope to go back soon. Maybe I get meet the great couples again.

Attachments

• rps20190817_163208.jpg
    rps20190817_163208.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 218
  • rps20190817_163124.jpg
    rps20190817_163124.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 225
  • rps20190817_163249.jpg
    rps20190817_163249.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 214

crackerdave

I'll never forget one opening day morning at that pool in Wildcat.
We were elbow to elbow waiting at dawn to start fishing,when this guy...obviously a newbie...came from upstream fully decked out in all the L.L.BEAN equipment and he slipped and fell,riding on his tail right into our pool.
Forgive me if that was you,but we all had a good laff! This was back about 50 years ago,and I can still picture it like it was yesterday.

Last edited:

JonathanG2013

I'll never forget one opening day morning at that pool in Wildcat.
We were elbow to elbow waiting at dawn to start fishing,when this guy...obviously a newbie...came from upstream fully decked out in all the L.L.BEAN equipment and he slipped and fell,riding on his tail right into our pool.
Forgive me if that was you,but we all had a good laff! This was back about 50 years ago,and I can still picture it like it was yesterday.

Not me but I bet that was funny to see.

snuffy

I was there with my sil and a couple of my grandkids a few weeks ago. We done good but not that good.
Congratulations

Big7

The Oracle
Sounds like fun. I love talking to older folks. They know a lot of stuff firsthand where we would have to read it in a book or watch a documentary on a given subject. Looks like all had fun and caught fish. PS... I'd rather have a good spinning reel and rod ANYDAY rather than a fly rod. I'm not knocking those that fly rod fish. Just my personal preference.

Dana Young

Great time I catch mostly browns there. I have caught some that appear to be tiger trout . The stream headwaters has specs so it could be possible to have naturally occurring tigers there. I know brown and these were not normal browns that I am talking about. I have caught of these there.

barongan

Nice looking
o.png