Great guides on area lakes?

B Young

I think Aaron Batson is the best. My dad Jeff Young and I went on a hybrid trip yesterday (May 15) with him and we had a blast. We caught alot of hybrids and and a couple largemouths.

Harvester

Jonny Chapman For West Point live bait,, Richard Seay or Chapman for artificial. Totally Enjoyed Chapman. Chapman Used to be out of Woodbury

Slayer

Head to lLanier!!!!! and use Ryan Colman!!!!!!!!

1 four pond spot and your hooked for life!!!!!

Woody52

If you want to fish Lake Lanier, call Randy Dover. There was an article in last month's GON issue for Randy Dover Sr. catching crappie in lanier. I've fished lanier with him for years and he's one of the most knowledgable anglers on the lake. If you want to catch some Stripers, call his son, Randy Jr. He fishes the Gold Cup Series for the NSBA (www.fishnsba.com). He won team of the year last year, and can flat out catch some stripers. These two men have taught me more than I could ever hope to know about fishing. PM me for their numbers.

Al33

Danny Leigh for OUTSTANDING North Ga river stripers

I have been on three trips with Danny, and as most of you regulars here have seen from not only my posts, but some others as well, Danny puts you on the fish.

Truly, I could not ask for any better service from a guide. His boat will get you places you could otherwise only dream about.

Catching stripers in the river currents is a thrill and a challenge, and if you go with him, you'll have no doubt your money was well spent and you'll want to book him again. The man earns every penny. :clap: :clap: :clap:

NDLucas

GeauxLSU said:
OK, I'm way overdue to book a guide trip and want to know who you guys have used and are happy with and what lake(s) they fish.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

I would have to recommend this place. It is absolutely unreal. It's a good treat to get away from "Public" waters for a place like this. http://www.dreamlakelodge.com/

if you want to fish lake burton for big spots call johnny brooks @ 706-782-6057 he knows this lake like the back of his hand!if your looking for bass hes the one to take you to them

Gibber

I've been out with Capt Fred Duncan many times on Allatoona. His price is reasonable and we've always caught fish. Twice, in 4 hour trips, we caught over 120 lbs of stripes and hybrids. In another, we hooked into 4 fish over 15, landing a 16 and a 20. A picture of that one is on his website: http://www.allatoonastripers.com/

No doubt Herscel is the king....however if he is already booked keith Hudson at the PicNic Basket is a good'un too!

turtle69

Me and my son went out with Bobby Wilson yesterday and we caught 14 stripers and hybrids in about 4hrs,started lightning with big storm and we ended the day early but still had great time.

Attachments

• 100_2632.JPG
    100_2632.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 14,541
Last edited:

Researcher31726

Gone But Not Forgotten
Lake Walter F. George (aka Eufaula)

Captain Sam Williams, of Eufaula, AL, and Billy Darby, of Fort Gaines, GA, are two good 'uns for that spot.

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I have to add my 2 cents in here as well,

I have used Captain Mack Farr on Lanier for 5 years, he has been guiding on the lake since he was 18 years old and he knows his stuff. He is a huge UGA fan, has a great personality, will teach you anything you want to know and is very reasonable. You can check him out at www.outdoorenterprises.com or call him at 770-271-0851.

For Hartwell I use a guide by the name of Steve Crenshaw, he is on the South Carolina side. I have used Steve now for 3 years and everytime he has put us on the Stripers and Hybrids. Steve is also good about telling you wether he is on them or weather you should re-schedule because he is just not catching them. You can reach Steve @ 864-261-6319. I promise you will not be disappointed.

slightly grayling

That separates the real deal from the pretenders!
DaculaDeerDropper said:
I have to add my 2 cents in here as well,

For Hartwell I use a guide by the name of Steve Crenshaw, he is on the South Carolina side. I have used Steve now for 3 years and everytime he has put us on the Stripers and Hybrids. Steve is also good about telling you wether he is on them or weather you should re-schedule because he is just not catching them. You can reach Steve @ 864-261-6319. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Hunter Haven

I know this is an older generated post but it is fishing time again. Seriously, if you want to go on a guided trip you won't ever forget for bass on lake Lanier check this website out. www.lanierspots.com This is Ryan Coleman's website. He is a professional guide for lake Lanier and knows how to catch big fish as well as numbers of fish. Check his website out and give him a call. Tell him Haven told you to call him and he will take you out on a trip of a lifetime. I think he has 3 days left in april. All booked this month if I'm not mistaken. Awesome guy though. :flag:

JoeBanker

Banned
Good question! I've never been on a guided trip but have always wanted to try. Guys, thanks for all the information concerning area guides. :cool:

Boudreaux

Jerry Hester on Lanier for stripers, spots, or crappie.

I've been fishing with him 4 times over 4 years, and have caught fish 4 times!

2004 we caught lots of spots plus 2 8+ lb stripers.

2005 I landed this 36 inch, 18+ lb striper:

305039.jpg

Jasper

First Bite Guide Service

I took my boys on our first guided trip last week on Lanier with Robert Edison of First Bite Guide Service. He also fishes Allatoona and Carter's. I had heard lots of good things about Robert and he was as good as advertised. Honestly I can't imagine anyone being better with kids. Not only did we catch fish, the kids had a blast with Robert, who admittedly is kind of a big kid himself. Robert's one of those guys who makes you feel comfortable right off the bat and doesn't mind letting you get involved in everything going on. It's been a week and my kids are still talking about it. We're already planning a trip with him for next year. Here's a good spot my 8 year old Austin caught. Think he's happy? :D

Attachments

• 11th download 005-1.jpg
    11th download 005-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12,815