Great guides on area lakes?

Matthew6

Banned thug
I have fished Allatoona for five years have been wearing out the stripers on a regular basis. However, I would like to recommend Mark Collins at Lake Weiss. I fished with Mark back on December 18th. It was 75 degrees on this day and we wore out the stripers. This guy works hard for you and will put you on alot of stripers, especially in November/December. Check out his web site at Markcollinsguideservice.com. Check out the 2006 striper pictures. You will catch alot of quailty fish.

starvin

We had a great time with Fred Duncan,Robert Eidson and Cw and Brian Dumas.. Hope I got everyones name right... A Great Group of Guys.. All very knowledgeable, and fun to be with... Yall did great for me and the company I brought... THANKS GUYS..................................

JeepXJ

JOEY MCBRIDE ON LANIER... nicest guy ever... Very nice boat and puts you on a lot of fish fast... Had 4 rods going yesterday and had a spot on each at the same time within 5 minutes and didnt have enought people to get em all in!!!!! Caught some nice stripers also!

greenbrier

Give Shawn McNew a shot if your goin for Stripes at Sinclare, Oconee, or Juliette. Just had a trip with him that was awesome. He knows his stuff when it comes to Stripes, and is a great guy to fish with. Seeinstripes.com

jcarter

Banned
Lake West Point Ron Savage and Paul Parsons

theres a name i havnt heard in 20 years...i use to bum around with paul in his old pro-craft down at westpoint. he always talked about guiding and we never took him too seriously. last time i talked to him he was looking for a center console striper boat and was gonna guide for stripers during the winter on lanier and westpoint for bass in the warmer months. ...glad to see he did ok.

Loomis74

Crappie Any one?

Want a top notch Crappie guide on allatoona try stuart wright " the Crappie King" PM me for a contact # if instrested

bajones238

Tight Line Charters, Lake Lanier

Let me add the highest possible endorsement for Capt. Joey McBride at Tight Line Charters, on Lanier. Yesterday, on a full-day guided trip, we boated over 25 - spotted bass, largemouth and three big stripers (largest was about 20 lbs.).

The boat is a Ranger Bay Boat, and is equipped for anything you can imagine. When one of the big stripers was obviously not going to survive, despite best efforts to save it, Joey pulled a portable kitchen out from somewhere, and produced a pot full of fillets.

Joey is a great guide and a great guy. We even got lessons on throwing a 12' cast net, use of the GPS/sonar, locating fishing hot spots - in 37 years of fishing this area (over 50 years of fishing altogether), I have never had a better day on any lake.

Sadly, the day had a bad ending - when we returned to East Bank, we found that Joey's truck had been broken into, and many important items stolen. This is the first time I have seen this happen at Lanier.

Anyone who wants more detail can e-mail me at: vvwca@mindspring.com.

Matthew6

Banned thug
My friend Johnny and I went fishing with Robert Eidson on Nov 27. It was cold and 25 mph winds at 7 am in the morning. Robert had been out since 4 am trying to net bait. He picked us up at the ramp and we downlined shad. We caught over thirty fish from 7-10 am. Lots of big hybrids and a few spots. I would use him again anytime.Robert is professional, well equipped, punctual and honest, and he knows where the fish are even in terrible conditions.

Jerry1

I have been a repeat customer with Capt. Robert Eidson and First Bite Guide Service for several years. Earlier trips were in a Sea Pro Bay Boat and while the ride was smooth the deck space was limited and could get crowded with more than 4 fishermen on board. Saturday I went back out with Capt. Robert on one of his Party Boat trips in his new Carolina Skiff. 4 fishermen on board plus our able Captain yet there was plenty of room to downline, flatline, use planer boards and jig at the same time without worrying about elbow room. The boat is wall to wall open space and gives plenty of room to fish comfortably and with Capt Robert's knowledge of the lake he will put you over fish.

If you have never been out with Capt. Eidson or just not been out since he got the new boat, I highly recommend booking a trip and bring the kids, there is plenty of room for them on this boat.

ThaDuck

I’ve been out with Robert in his new boat. WOW!! What a nice ride and he’ll put you on the fish. I’ll be on one of his party boat trips soon as well.

trapperP

Let me say first off I have never fished with him but Captain Mack Farr is a true gentleman of Lake Lanier. I have run across him a couple of times while goose hunting and once fishing on Lanier and I can only say I wish ALL guides had the same courtesy and respect for others he has shown on these occaisions. If I were to hire a guide for Lanier, it would be Mack Farr.

trapperP

To GUIDE or not to GUIDE

Let's turn this around a bit, please? First off, I am not and have never been a fishing guide. I have been a waterfowl guide in the SO Ill Quota Zone so I think I'm a bit qualified to speak to the issue at hand.
Turn yourself around and think about the guide you have in the boat when you go out on the lake. How many times this week has he asked the same question? How many of you will take the time to listen to what he tells you, pay attention when he shows you something? "Don't jerk, we're using circle hooks" and you jerk like you're trying to stick a bass on a FlipTail when the rod tip pulls down? How much respect do you show for the boat and the equipment he makes his living with?
Takes a special person to become a guide, and even more special person to become a GOOD guide and remain a guide. They do a lot, and all too often for too little in return.
To sum all this up, think how many people you know that you don't even want to have in the boat with you [or the blind, or the pit] much less spend all day trying to help them catch fish? The guide for all purposes and intent does not have this luxury, especially first time with someone he doesn't know. I could tell you many tales about the client with the 'unloaded gun' that finds it really is after he points it at you a time or three, the one that wants you to shoot his birds for him, or wants you to kill a limit and let him have them too. Yep, been there, done that - and my hat is off to the good guides. Bless them.
trapperP

troutman34

Without a doubt on Hartwell use Steve Crenshaw. Just google Steve Crenshaw Lake Hartwell. I have taken him out about 12-15 times and he NEVER disappoints. I have never been on the water for more than three hours and limited EVERY TIME!!!! The man knows Hartwell. I have actually taken a trip with four guys and we limited out in LESS THAN ONE HOUR!!!!

Trooper

I am wanting to take my girlfriend on a guided trip to West Point and fish with live shad.Can anyone tell me more about Herschel Calhoun?This is the first I've heard of him.Contact info?I am familiar with Keith H. and Paul parsons but have never went out with any of them.Any input on West point guides/Experiences would be appreciated.Thanks-Ryan

starvin

does anyone have any info on johnny chapman? been looking fer his website

starvin

No one responded to the question.

I have my answer, Johnny is a Great Guide. He's friendly, kinda quite but very knowledgeable of the lake. He has nice equipment and very well stocked outfit.. Thanks for a great time Johnny.

starvin...I killed the pic. please resize it to no more than 1000x1000 and you can add it back. photobucket has a resize feature...jim