Great guides on area lakes?

If you ever plan a trip to Guntersville in Alabama check out Spinnerbait Kid guide service. The guys name is Alex Davis and he can flat out put you on some fish or get you ready for a tournament too. Also he has the best prices I have found.

fisheye56

If you want a monster spot right now!!! I mean BIG call LouieB on Carter's Lake North Ga. It is on fire now!!! You will have a day you will never forget!! You want to power fish fine he'll put you on the {fishhead spin} if you want to learn the Float-n-fly that's the man... Look at his web site he posts where he finishes in the latest tourney's at Carter's...

Bugpac

Fish with the original spot and Float and Fly guide, also the original maker of the herring type swimbait,http://www.tritonmike.com/ , Great guy and gos the extra effort to teach you something..

Last edited:

Steve78

Fish with the original spot and Float and Fly guide, also the original maker of the herring type swimbait,http://www.tritonmike.com/ , Great guy and gos the extra effort to teach you something..

Triton Mike (the original big herring type bait maker,"The ******ad") was a great guide, I didn't know a thing about a float n fly, especially casting that 10 ft rod and leader, but looking at the pics below, he taught me quickly. Caught these 2 in the first hour. He has also been featured in several national magazines and websites on various techniques, so he's not just limited to the FnF and big swimbaits.

Attachments

• steve2.jpg
    steve2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,072

Worley

Lanier

Hey men just wanted to remind you it's about time on Lake Lanier. I just rebooked another trip with Lake Lanier Striper Charters / Jeff Blair for April 22nd. Every time I have been with him its a blast and he has some good dates open. If you have kids or buddies you want to have fun with, Jeff is a great guide to fish with.

Attachments

• Fish 2.jpg
    Fish 2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,089
  • Fishing.jpg
    Fishing.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2,158

Robert Eidson

GONetwork Member
Anybody know of any good guides on Oconee? I want to get to know that lake better.

Reel Time Charters !!!!! Mark is a great guide, good friend and just and all round good person......You can't go wrong fishing with Mark.....

Oak-flat Hunter

Henry Cowen

I've never been out with Henry.But I've heard a lot of good things about him.I here his first class... 678 513-1934 give Him a call for Lanier Stripers and Spots.

SeaHunt07

Jeff Blair Guide Service Lake Lanier

We had a great time on the lake yesterday with Jeff Blair, even though the fishing was tough we was able to still catch several fish and a few came off. Lets face it guys 90% of all these guys out here guiding know how to catch fish. What it comes down to is someone that is down to earth, has respect for his customers and that does not nickel and dime you for everything you got. Jeff Blair is just that, I didnt know him until yesterday and I have been out with several guides and he is by far my favorite out there! Give him a call and see for yourself!!!!

http://www.lakelanierstripercharters.com

TimInGwinnett

For Lanier:

Stripers - Mack Farr (25 yrs experience - great knowledge and a good guy to fish with)

Spots - Ryan Coleman (he just knows his stuff - good guy also - he loves to talk football which is fine with me)

There are other very good guides on Lanier (many mentioned in the post) but in my opinion these two are the best on Lanier. My second place striper guide would be Jerry Hester (not sure he is still guiding) as he is an old school guy who is as nice as they get and can really find the stripers.

LeadSlinger89

how much is a usual largemouth guide day on lanier?
ive never even priced it... and is it worth it? im havin NO luck by myself... mainly because i am tryin to teach myself... i have NO friends who fish and nobody in my family fishes either, so im flyin blind so to speak... i really want to learn what to do and where to go... also, any recomendations for lanier on the north side??

TimInGwinnett

There is a guy that specializes in LM on Lanier - Billy Boothe - he fishes the north end alot and I think he does guide some. I do not know what he charges. Ryan Coleman charges around $225 for a 1/2 day trip and would probably show you some mid-lake/north end stuff if that is what you wanted.

LeadSlinger89

There is a guy that specializes in LM on Lanier - Billy Boothe - he fishes the north end alot and I think he does guide some. I do not know what he charges. Ryan Coleman charges around $225 for a 1/2 day trip and would probably show you some mid-lake/north end stuff if that is what you wanted.

im hopin i wont have to go that route... i really hope to learn alot here pretty soon... im tired of castin and not catchin...lol

TimInGwinnett

I think a guide is a good investment - can help the learning curve by showing you on the water some good strategies. Ask him why you are fishing an area, etc and most will tell you why they picked a specific area, etc.

Bust-A-Hawg

Reel Time Charters !!!!! Mark is a great guide, good friend and just and all round good person......You can't go wrong fishing with Mark.....

I can't second that strongly enough. Wife and I had a trip on Oconee with Mark on Sat. October 23. Had a blast. Fishing was tough but Mark (the nicest guy you will meet) worked his butt off and put us on fish. Wife got her first striper and can't stop telling her friends at work about it and about how great Mark is.

We are already looking forward to our next trip with Mark ...this time on Lanier. :fine:

KBD431

After reading this post and seeing Jeff Blair recommended several times as a good Lake Lanier guide I decided to give him a call.

Jeff took 4 of us out on 10-31 and we all caught fish. I was very excited when our first fish caught by my son was a 17 pounder. I was sure that was going to be the big fish of the day until I boated a 30 pound monster! See the pictuers below!!

422339505_o.jpg

422339708_o.jpg

Check out Jeff's web site at www.lakelanierstripercharters.com. Jeff was a great captain to spend the day with. He made sure we all had a good time and even cleaned a few of the "small" 7 - 8 pounders for us to put in the freezer. I look forward to fishing with him again.