Great Year

BowArrow

My age will roll over to 82 in two days and this pass year was another great year bow hunting. I started in 1965 hunting Fort Stewart and Blackbeard Island with a Ben Pearson bow and fiberglass arrows with Bear heads. This year I started the year with a new Bowtech SR6 bow, new arrows, QAD heads and QAD drop down rest and all of this given to me by a new friend. This adds up to about $1700 in new archery equipment. It gets even better. He has 150 acres of good deer hunting land almost in the city limits where I got two and let three get by me by making simple mistakes. He also helped drag both out to my car. He offered to put my stands up but I can still put stands and stick ladders up. If I am still around next year and can climb 20 ft up a stick ladder, I expect great things from this stand. I hunt several places from my neighborhood to 25 miles to a farm where I got two more and let let four more get by me. I hope to eliminate some of my mistakes before next year. By the way, I never ask any landowner to hunt their land and I do not use corn, camera, scents, rattle or grunt call. I give the deer their eyes, ears and nose. I was also blessed in other ways this year. In November I converted one of my bed rooms to an exercise room. I gave the bedroom suite away and put down new carpet. The flooring Company did not charge for the carpet or instillation. The lady I date gave me a Nordic Track Chair exerciser. My neighbor gave me a like new Thread Mill. It pays to have good friends. Looking forward to next year.

BamaGeorgialine

My age will roll over to 82 in two days and this pass year was another great year bow hunting. I started in 1965 hunting Fort Stewart and Blackbeard Island with a Ben Pearson bow and fiberglass arrows with Bear heads. This year I started the year with a new Bowtech SR6 bow, new arrows, QAD heads and QAD drop down rest and all of this given to me by a new friend. This adds up to about $1700 in new archery equipment. It gets even better. He has 150 acres of good deer hunting land almost in the city limits where I got two and let three get by me by making simple mistakes. He also helped drag both out to my car. He offered to put my stands up but I can still put stands and stick ladders up. If I am still around next year and can climb 20 ft up a stick ladder, I expect great things from this stand. I hunt several places from my neighborhood to 25 miles to a farm where I got two more and let let four more get by me. I hope to eliminate some of my mistakes before next year. By the way, I never ask any landowner to hunt their land and I do not use corn, camera, scents, rattle or grunt call. I give the deer their eyes, ears and nose. I was also blessed in other ways this year. In November I converted one of my bed rooms to an exercise room. I gave the bedroom suite away and put down new carpet. The flooring Company did not charge for the carpet or instillation. The lady I date gave me a Nordic Track Chair exerciser. My neighbor gave me a like new Thread Mill. It pays to have good friends. Looking forward to next year.
I took a screenshot of your post and I intend to read it from now on every time I get aggravated, let down, or a little down on my luck during deer season. You sir are a great inspiration to everyone that is an outdoorsman and loves the outdoors. Keep pushing and keep posting as the deer seasons roll on. Good luck this next deer season and thank you

Josh B

You're doing pretty good. I know a bunch of young people who can't hang stands by themselves. Keep it up I think it keeps you young.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
My first hand me down bow was a ben pearson. I put an overdraw on it, cut some under spined bemans down almost short as I could and finally had that thing screamin and smoking carbons at about 400fp and 30yards.
Neverdid kill nutin with it nor did my dad but man taught me alot.
My dad probably woulda been about your age by now.
Keepa whippersnappin it young man.
Your buck will come.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What a inspiration , congrats on another season and with your attitude sounds like many more !

brdyhll

You're doing pretty good. I know a bunch of young people who can't hang stands by themselves. Keep it up I think it keeps you young.
I second this. Congratulations and great job sir. Also josh you’ve hunted with a bunch of guys over the years you’ve had to hang their stands lol

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations! You have almost a decade on me and I would probably be lucky to just keep you in sight. Keep after it. I only hope I can for as long as you have.

glynr329

I salute you are the man!

NUTT

Got a feeling you will be around!
Thanks for posting this and good luck this year.
Happy Birthday!(a few days ago)