Gregg Ritz Huntmaster court case

dirtnap

I hadn’t heard about that. I read the game wardens report, looks like ole Greg might want to be looking for another line of work

shdw633

I hadn’t heard about that. I read the game wardens report, looks like ole Greg might want to be looking for another line of work

Doesn't appear to have hurt him a bit. Unlike others that got caught who lost their shows immediately, his error in judgement has not cost him to lose his show so far.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
So If I shoot a deer and tag it legal then find it unfit to eat for some reason in my opinion. Do I still have to drag it out and consume to avoid being charged?
Or can I let it rot after it’s tagged?
Not that I do or have ever but it’s possible I’d shoot a deer that I had no intention of eating due to it’s apparent health. Are you saying I can not leave any tagged deer that I believe is too sick to eat to the environment?
@Throwback @Nicodemus

Sixes

Doesn't appear to have hurt him a bit. Unlike others that got caught who lost their shows immediately, his error in judgement has not cost him to lose his show so far.
When you own the company that sponsors you, you are not going to drop yourself

shdw633

Sixes

No, but the networks can.
That isn't how the outdoor show industry works. Sponsors pay to put the show on, Outdoor channel, etc just takes the money and airs the show whenever they are paid to air the show. They could care less. Anyone can put out a hunting show and pay for the time slot.

IF he is found guilty, nothing will happen other than a name change for his show

shdw633

That isn't how the outdoor show industry works. Sponsors pay to put the show on, Outdoor channel, etc just takes the money and airs the show whenever they are paid to air the show. They could care less. Anyone can put out a hunting show and pay for the time slot.

IF he is found guilty, nothing will happen other than a name change for his show

That's not true, if it was anyone with a checkbook, including PETA, gun activists, etc. could produce their own show and pay for airtime to play it on that channel. Networks have full control with what is and is not on their network.

Sixes

That's not true, if it was anyone with a checkbook, including PETA, gun activists, etc. could produce their own show and pay for airtime to play it on that channel. Networks have full control with what is and is not on their network.
I'm sure they could refuse to put on a show such as that but it would not be watched anyway and would cause issues, but I'm just saying that Ritz is basically his own sponsor and pays to air his show

shdw633

Huntmasters.JPGI'd say he'd lose some money if they all bailed.

livetohunt

If guilty, the biggest punishment Ritz could get would be to lose his hunting privileges for a few years. He loves to hunt just like most of us, and I couldn't imagine not being able to deer hunt each fall. I'm sure Ritz feels the same. He has money, so fines or losing his hunting show wont hurt him much.

Hillbilly stalker

If he is guilty of what he is accused of.......can you say with a straight face that he had “ an error in judgement” ? That’s is as blatant of violation as it gets. He knew exactly what he was doing. If I’m reading it correctly, even his own camera man turned him in and gave a statement. Anybody wanna let him on their club ? GREED

Sixes

View attachment 1018751

https://lancasteronline.com/sports/...cle_16ae6810-ec41-11e8-958c-2fcf84ff661b.html

Note it states the Outdoor Channel canceled Fear No Evil after Brackett did what he did in regards to shooting a second buck illegally.
This is not worth arguing over, we will see the results after the trial.

But, did you ever consider that the outdoor channel dropped the show because all of Brackett's sponsors dropped him immediately and pulled their show. All I am saying is that Ritz puts out his own show and will not be blackballed in the industry.

Other "celebs" have had issues and still have their own show.

Reactions: DAR

shdw633

If he is guilty of what he is accused of.......can you say with a straight face that he had “ an error in judgement” ? That’s is as blatant of violation as it gets. He knew exactly what he was doing. If I’m reading it correctly, even his own camera man turned him in and gave a statement. Anybody wanna let him on their club ? GREED

I agree he should be canceled and drummed out of the industry, but I don't think that will happen because none of his sponsors have dropped him at this point and the network is still showing his show, which is what the sponsors want. I will say he didn't poach the animal and that could be the line between sponsors and networks keeping you or letting you go. I agree that money talks because the Bill Busbice incident where he poached and was thrown off the network but his sons have been able to maintain a show on their own, so there is definitely a level of money talks.....

shdw633

Nugent and Brenda Valentine just thinking off hand.

Nugent was for hunting over bait wasn't it? What did Valentine do and did she ever have her own show or was she just part of that Bass Pro Shops show that ran for a little while?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
So If I shoot a deer and tag it legal then find it unfit to eat for some reason in my opinion. Do I still have to drag it out and consume to avoid being charged?
Not that I do or have ever but it’s possible I’d shoot a deer that I had no intention of eating due to it’s apparent health. Are you saying I can not leave any tagged deer that I believe is too sick to eat to the environment?
@Throwback @Nicodemus

Can`t help you there. I don`t know how the law works on that.

I reckon you could let your conscience be your guide.

shdw633

@Throwback @Nicodemus

I think there has many a deer been left in the woods after a hunter has come up on there kill only to find the hind quarters eaten by coyotes, even though most of the backstrap and front shoulders are able to still be consumed I don't know of too many hunters that would still cut those out as opposed to just leaving the deer for the coyotes to finish. That being said the deer still has to be tagged and registered with the state.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I think there has many a deer been left in the woods after a hunter has come up on there kill only to find the hind quarters eaten by coyotes, even though most of the backstrap and front shoulders are able to still be consumed I don't know of too many hunters that would still cut those out as opposed to just leaving the deer for the coyotes to finish. That being said the deer still has to be tagged and registered with the state.
If my deer is eaten by coyotes, I figure that's my fault.