Griffey Jr the newest Brave

Tim L

I think folks are getting ahead of themselves on this one...the Braves haven't signed him yet and Wren is saying he thinks Griffey (per WSB) is leaning to Seattle...

letsgohuntin

I think folks are getting ahead of themselves on this one...the Braves haven't signed him yet and Wren is saying he thinks Griffey (per WSB) is leaning to Seattle...

I'm afraid the longer we wait the more he is leaning towards Seattle... I read an article somewhere that he is sensitive about hurting the feelings of the Seattle brass and the fans.

Last edited:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
It seems closing the deal is not in the books for the Braves this year. I would like to see him spend the year with the Braves.

biggdogg

yup, good ol' ajc offended griffey by reporting that he was coming to atlanta yesterday. he shut out frank wren as soon as the ajc opened their mouths. maybe the newspaper will leave all future announcements to the braves organization. so much for my lifelong dream of seeing griffey in an atlanta uniform.

Doc_Holliday23

nostalgia won out in the end. oh well. Im disappointed because of my own nostalgia and revering Griffey as I do, but if he'd rather go play for a team that will be lucky to win 70 games than to play for a team that at the very least has a shot at their division, then it sounds like maybe he thinks he doesn't really have much left in the tank, either.

WTM45

The AL is where he can contribute the best. Seattle is a great town, and they love their Mariners. They might suprise the league this year!

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks like the Braves Mgmt. did not want him bad enough. Seems like anyone they get with over 10 years in the big leagues get injured & don't play much of the season as folks have already said.

DSGB

nostalgia won out in the end. oh well. Im disappointed because of my own nostalgia and revering Griffey as I do, but if he'd rather go play for a team that will be lucky to win 70 games than to play for a team that at the very least has a shot at their division, then it sounds like maybe he thinks he doesn't really have much left in the tank, either.

I wonder how much the DH and the Mariner's $2M guarantee factored into his decision?
You are right, though. He must know he's on the way out to go play for a team with no real chance at making the playoffs.

Doc_Holliday23

I wonder how much the DH and the Mariner's $2M guarantee factored into his decision?
You are right, though. He must know he's on the way out to go play for a team with no real chance at making the playoffs.

he could have been in a race... instead he chose to just take a cool-down lap.

drhunter1

I predict that the Nationals will catch the Braves this year.........:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:-The Braves suck, Players and The Front Office.

Don't run away during the season when the Braves sweep the Cards. I'll be looking to hear what you have to say.

Conversely, should the Cards sweep the Braves, I'll eat all the crow you got.:bounce: