Group of 4 duck hunters robbed and 1 shot.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Duck hunting sure has gotten dangerous lately.

At least these guys(the hunters) are all alive. Good idea not to draw from the drop.

https://www.wect.com/2021/02/01/arr...dly-robbing-group-duck-hunters-pender-county/

According to a news release, the four victims were returning to their vehicles after duck hunting near Webbtown Road on Thursday, Jan. 28, when they encountered the two suspects — James Farland Jr. and Tyrese Daquon Lee — who were waiting for them.
The pair allegedly shot one of the victims then took the group’s money and weapons. The injured victim suffered non-life-threatening injuries, the news release stated.

duck.png

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
The bad thing is, drawing from the drop will get you killed.

It would suck, but if you already have your gun out and pointed at me I'm not going to draw(or if carrying a long gun I'm not going to attempt to get a bead on you).

Hillbilly stalker

Had a buddy get beat almost to death and robbed sitting on the side of the road listening to his beagles run in broad daylight.. You bet when I come back to my truck I’m loaded for bear and ready. Late at night coon hunting I look for feet on the other side and under the truck, And cut a little circle. Too easy to get complacent.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
That's bold. Robbing armed hunters.
My weapons don't get unloaded till I get in the truck, and usually not even then.

I was thinking the same thing. I always unload my shotgun at the truck. That would’ve been 2 dead thugs to add to the strap.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Had a buddy get beat almost to death and robbed sitting on the side of the road listening to his beagles run in broad daylight.. You bet when I come back to my truck I’m loaded for bear and ready. Late at night coon hunting I look for feet on the other side and under the truck, And cut a little circle. Too easy to get complacent.

Shoot yeah brother. Situational awareness. It’s a must. 24/7.

Ray357

AWOL
The bad thing is, drawing from the drop will get you killed.

It would suck, but if you already have your gun out and pointed at me I'm not going to draw(or if carrying a long gun I'm not going to attempt to get a bead on you).
I won't stand still and do it anyway. Close quarters gunfights are all about motion and angles. I want to move as fast as I can at an angle that makes it hard for you to hit me and easy for me to hit you.

Mark R

Shotguns at close range with magnum waterfowl loads . dont get much worse than that . they could have dispensed some good justice .

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I won't stand still and do it anyway. Close quarters gunfights are all about motion and angles. I want to move as fast as I can at an angle that makes it hard for you to hit me and easy for me to hit you.

Well, if they had they're guns drawn it's likely that three or 4 of y'all would have been shot if they used boarding house rules.

Both of the perps may have gotten shot too.

I would have just waited for an opportunity to draw my sidearm. I ain't a ninja with magic Mormon underwear.

Ray357

AWOL
Well, if they had they're guns drawn it's likely that three or 4 of y'all would have been shot if they used boarding house rules.

I would have just waited for an opportunity to draw my sidearm. I ain't a ninja with magic Mormon underwear.
Me either. I do subscribe to the theory that surrender equals my death.

Goatman70

Queensbury Rules Only!

MudDucker

Staff member
Well, I unload my gun when the hunting is done. Might have to change that policy and leave a couple in the magazine so I could do a quick load.

27metalman

This is a classic reason as to why I tote a pistol... even when I'm duck hunting. Oh, I always tote an ink pen, too... in case I need to write up an order for a customer. :)