Grouse

GANGGREEN

It's not really Georgia related, but here's a photo of a recent trip to Michigan with my English setter. We moved a lot of birds and had a really great time. I've already got some anecdotal evidence about places down south to look at, but I probably won't kill any birds down there. I think those warriors who are still hanging on deserve our protection more than anything else.

IMG_20210927_150526302_HDR.jpg

FOLES55

I love it, thanks for sharing!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fine time. They used to be thick around here, pretty thin nowadays.

AceOfTheBase

Back in the day I hunted grouse with my britt near Irons..
Hunted in north GA a few years for them, but then decided to let them grow old & prosper !

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Beautiful dog and picture.

GANGGREEN

Thanks all. I've previously had two other cover dog type setters and I did a ton of research before purchasing this Paint River Llewellin dog. There are still a few minor things I want to work on with her, but at 2.5 years old, she's becoming a fantastic hunting partner. Great, long-distance nose, good hunting range, very biddable and pleasant, staunch on point, etc. etc.. Couldn't be more thrilled with her.

AceOfTheBase

Curious - is she a working dog and/or a lap dog (pet) ?
I'm envious either way..
I follow Paint River Llewellins on FB, they do excellent work, IMO.

GANGGREEN

Hee hee, she's both, for sure. She works really hard in the field and seems to never give up, but she's most certainly a lap dog as well. Just a really great dog in the home or the field.