Guests allowed on WMA range?

Thread starter #1
I normally shoot at Clybel alone, and I check in using my hunting license. I would like to take my brother shooting, but he does not possess a hunting license. Does anyone know what the rules are regarding staffed WMA ranges and guests? I didn't run across anything while reading the range rules, other than indicating that shooters should have a hunting license - so perhaps that answers the question right there.

To step foot on Clybel WMA (range, or anywhere) a person over 16 must possess a fishing or hunting license or GA Lands Pass.

$30 bucks for an annual lands pass is a bargain for what a for profit shooting range will charge per visit or annual membership fee.

New Lands Pass to replace WMA stamps for nature lovers | Local News | northwestgeorgianews.com
$15 fishing license even cheaper. I'm still confused why a "landspass" even exists. I guess horseback riders and nature walkers get suckered in to buying one even though a fishing license for half the price gets the same privilege. There must be some ins and outs I don't know about. Or not.

Jester896

$15 fishing license even cheaper. I'm still confused why a "landspass" even exists. I guess horseback riders and nature walkers get suckered in to buying one even though a fishing license for half the price gets the same privilege. There must be some ins and outs I don't know about. Or not.
:D I think the one @trial&error linked for us is a fishing license disguised as a Target Shooting License for a day.

If you buy the fishing or hunting license GA get Federal $. The horseback riders license doesn't get the same Fed participation for the state either...why not give us a break for helping them get additional funding.