Guests allowed on WMA range?

Guitar Guy

I normally shoot at Clybel alone, and I check in using my hunting license. I would like to take my brother shooting, but he does not possess a hunting license. Does anyone know what the rules are regarding staffed WMA ranges and guests? I didn't run across anything while reading the range rules, other than indicating that shooters should have a hunting license - so perhaps that answers the question right there.

Fletch_W

Banned
To step foot on Clybel WMA (range, or anywhere) a person over 16 must possess a fishing or hunting license or GA Lands Pass.

Jester896

Senior Clown
It gets GA more Federal funding if you buy the Fishing or Hunting License instead of the WMA Stamp...might be the better route

trial&error

They might have changed names or replaced it. from dnr site.
https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com/ViewPackage.aspx?pid=16&lrtid=2&annual=0

$10
Target Shooting
c968f330-c350-49f6-877e-7f4283760996.png

Any valid GA hunting or fishing license allows access to state owned WMA shooting ranges. This package includes a Short Term Fishing License. Range access on federally owned WMAs requires only a parking fee.

Fletch_W

Banned
$30 bucks for an annual lands pass is a bargain for what a for profit shooting range will charge per visit or annual membership fee.

New Lands Pass to replace WMA stamps for nature lovers | Local News | northwestgeorgianews.com

$15 fishing license even cheaper. I'm still confused why a "landspass" even exists. I guess horseback riders and nature walkers get suckered in to buying one even though a fishing license for half the price gets the same privilege. There must be some ins and outs I don't know about. Or not.

Jester896

Senior Clown
$15 fishing license even cheaper. I'm still confused why a "landspass" even exists. I guess horseback riders and nature walkers get suckered in to buying one even though a fishing license for half the price gets the same privilege. There must be some ins and outs I don't know about. Or not.
:D I think the one @trial&error linked for us is a fishing license disguised as a Target Shooting License for a day.

If you buy the fishing or hunting license GA get Federal $. The horseback riders license doesn't get the same Fed participation for the state either...why not give us a break for helping them get additional funding.