Gun Store - After Election

killerv

Was in Wally World today and they had no rifle ammunition. I bought the last box of 12 ga game loads they had.

They pulled most everything before the election in case there was looting. Several articles about it, posts here too.

Stevie Ray

I think I may have let some 405gr Hard Cast go to @BriarPatch99 maybe he can filter you off a handful. Sounds like you may have brass...just remember Hornady cases are shorter and you should separate them. I may have a few extra cases you could get if you needed them.

I really appreciate the offer but with what I have on hand I think I'm good, probably going to end up casting my own and am looking at maybe the Lyman #457122 330 gr HP mould, I have a good supply of lead and I'll use this Federal brass.

Hornaday's short brass for the 45-70 is why I didn't want to buy their rounds to begin with.

I just found it strange that 45-70 ammo was so difficult to find since I thought it was a caliber not a lot of folks shot, must've been wrong!

rosewood

Please, everyone go vote in the runoff election for Senate. We have to hold the Senate. Tell every Republican you know to go vote. If we lose the Senate, they can have their way with us especially if they pack the court.

Rosewood

rosewood

Was in Wally World today and they had no rifle ammunition. I bought the last box of 12 ga game loads they had.
They pulled all ammo and guns off of shelves in case of rioting after election results.

rosewood

Saw what was clearly some first time buyers, big heavy black womens bellied up to the counters like cows at a feed trough. Couldn't see a thing on either side of em. Even saw one of our fellow sportsmen Biden supporters with his little man bun sticking out the back of his blazer cap :huh:

They should have voted from Trump. Maybe one day, they will learn.

rosewood

Question? Does that mean that it was removed or just sold out? Whichever one it is all I know, there's precious little ammo available anywhere.
Pretty sure it was removed, there wasn't even a single box of shotgun shells. They probably just hadn't gotten the memo to put it back yet.

Stevie Ray

I don't have a dog in this hunt since i don't have a 45/70...at least not yet...but to your point of being wrong about folks not shooting it, I think it's because folks are buying any and everything they can get their hands on whether they shoot it or not. Most of us have family or friends with guns. Boolits make for good barter.

My personal example would be I don't have anything in .40 cal but I buy it for my sister who can't get around very well and has limited access to resources. And of course there are those who are buying to gouge resell for a profit off their so called fellow sportsmen but I'm too much of a hoarder to resell it, esp for a profit. I'd rather give it to someone having hard times. Now if I was broke and hungry, that might be different.

I've been on a couple of other forums that participated in a 'Pay It Forward' thread, do we have anything like that here? Every now and again you'll get that one person who wants to just take and take and they usually get weeded out but by far and large for the most part it always works out great.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I really appreciate the offer but with what I have on hand I think I'm good, probably going to end up casting my own and am looking at maybe the Lyman #457122 330 gr HP mould, I have a good supply of lead and I'll use this Federal brass.

Hornaday's short brass for the 45-70 is why I didn't want to buy their rounds to begin with.

I just found it strange that 45-70 ammo was so difficult to find since I thought it was a caliber not a lot of folks shot, must've been wrong!

I generally shoot something in the 325gr range from mine. I think I even have a few boxes of factory ammo put back. It is a pretty popular round and sometimes it was hard to find on shelves anyway from its popularity. Not sure of the mass conspiracy others believe in.

Nimrod71

Most stores that stock 45-70 only have a few boxes because it is not a fast selling item. You sale more 308, 270, 30-30 in a week than you will sale 45-70 in a year. If you are a 45-70 shooter, as I am, I advise pick up a box from time to time and get into the reloading game. Reloading 45-70 opens up a whole new world for this great cartridge. Not many cartridges live as long as this one. You can load them to hunt rabbits or elephants. It's just how much recoil do you want.

Jester896

Senior Clown
the gouger that I am...I think I have a box of Remington with 405gr boolits...I just might give away if you dropped by....or even swap it for 20 Remington cases.

rosewood

Question? Does that mean that it was removed or just sold out? Whichever one it is all I know, there's precious little ammo available anywhere.
Stopped in that same Walmart yesterday. The shotgun shells were back on the shelf and so was a limited selection of rifle ammo behind a glass case. 17 HMR, 222 Remington, 22-250, 25-06, 6.5CM, 7rem mag, 300 win mag and even 350 Legend. Most of those are not fast sellers, betting they did indeed move them to the back and then back on the shelf after the all clear.

Rosewood

killerv

I'm gonna tell you what, I'm highly considering getting a 17 hmr right now, about the only rimfire you can find on the shelf at a normal price. I'm starting to see 22lr again, but still not willing to pay for it. Good thing I have plenty.

rosewood

I'm gonna tell you what, I'm highly considering getting a 17 hmr right now, about the only rimfire you can find on the shelf at a normal price. I'm starting to see 22lr again, but still not willing to pay for it. Good thing I have plenty.
During the last panic, it was the last thing to disappear off the shelves, I got myself a good supply. But once it ran out, it was gone until after the other rimfires recovered.

Rosewood

280 Man

Banned
Stopped in that same Walmart yesterday. The shotgun shells were back on the shelf and so was a limited selection of rifle ammo behind a glass case. 17 HMR, 222 Remington, 22-250, 25-06, 6.5CM, 7rem mag, 300 win mag and even 350 Legend. Most of those are not fast sellers, betting they did indeed move them to the back and then back on the shelf after the all clear.

Rosewood

Glad your wally world has ammo. The ones I frequent have nothing except some shotgun shells.