Gun value estimate help

buckpasser

A family member of mine has a couple rifles that he’s wanting to get rid of. He’s not a gun person but purchased the following from PSA a few years ago and now wants to find them a new home:

PSA PA 15 standard with battle sight
ATI Omni .22lr (all plastic upper/lower)
Drago gear 2 gun tactical bag (brown)
Vortex strike fire red dot sight

They are all used but in good condition. Any ideas?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Folks, if you’re interested in the guns only inquire by PM. No open sells or advertising in the forum.

specialk

Gunbroker.com will give you a good ballpark figure....

buckpasser

Folks, if you’re interested in the guns only inquire by PM. No open sells or advertising in the forum.

I’m not trying to sell them here. My cousin (the owner) has some odd beliefs and feelings on guns and wants me to sell them to someone that I know if possible. I’m truly trying to estimate a proper value.

buckpasser

I have seen people at the skeet club trying to sell those PSA Carbine for $500 and the .22 was about $350 new wasn't it?
Drago makes good gear

The .22 is interesting but pretty flimsy overall IMO. Would $200-250 seem crazy for a used price? The AR is a basic one and looks to be around $469 new today. I’m thinking $400 for it maybe???

The strike fire is gen 1 and doesn’t have the doubler. I believe it was around $160 new. Does $100 or less seem right to you all?

Thank you so much for the help!

Again, to be clear, this is not a sales thread. I truly just need the help of the good GON brethren.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m not trying to sell them here. My cousin (the owner) has some odd beliefs and feelings on guns and wants me to sell them to someone that I know if possible. I’m truly trying to estimate a proper value.
I was simply trying to help another member, who in a lapse of memory makes you an offer in the open. I would much rather take time for a reminder before an issue arises. No accusation at all sir, hope someone gives you the info you’re looking for.

Dub

If he decides to put them on the GON classifieds, tell him to ask $100 more than what a new one costs. He'll be right in line with all the other used guns on there.

Folks be proud of their stuff.

They know what they got.

Experts on everything but real market value.

Just because someone’s Uncle Bob overpaid for a gun 20 years ago, the nephew estate manager believes he should pass that overpayment on to the next buyer, along with an upcharge due it being kept indoors most of the time vs a garage gun.

furtaker

Folks be proud of their stuff.

They know what they got.

Experts on everything but real market value.

Just because someone’s Uncle Bob overpaid for a gun 20 years ago, the nephew estate manager believes he should pass that overpayment on to the next buyer, along with an upcharge due it being kept indoors most of the time vs a garage gun.
They think their gun is worth more if it has their fingerprints on it. I've seen some real doozies on there. Downright comical.

And a $29.99 Walmart Tasco scope will raise the price $75.

buckpasser

Looks like I’m down to the bag and the .22 now. Thanks for the help everyone.

transfixer

A good judge of price is to search for the item on the outdoor trader site, see what price they are being posted for there , and see how long it has been posted, if its been posted more than a week, or reposted multiple times, then they are asking too much! or if there are more than 3 of them for sale and all around the same price you'll have to price yours lower than the rest in order to move it . basic supply and demand at work

I find the majority of gun ads on the GON classifieds are by people who do not know the real world value of said firearms they are trying to sell, you'll find some of that on ODT , but not nearly as much as on the GON site

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
When a person buys a firearm at full retail plus, they shouldn’t expect to get their money back before many years,if they can keep it in near mint condition.

trial&error

$800-850 for the lot. While the guns and bag hold their value The sight does not. Electronics and warranty issues/assurances.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I thought the Crossfire, Crossfire II and most Diamondbacks are made in china
one Diamondback and Viper are made in the Philippines
Razor is made in Japan