gunsmiths in Augusta area?

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
My Dad would not trust anyone but Ed Sanders with his guns. I remember when I was about 10 years old, he would take me with him into Sanders Gun Shop when it was down on 9th Street right beside the Augusta Police Department Headquarters. Likewise, I have always continued to deal with Mr. Sanders when I needed anything. My Father died in 1980 but Ed still remembers him and so much of his dealing with him since back in the 50's, 60's etc. They were very close friends for many years and I always enjoy talking with Ed while continuing to get work done. He is one of the very best in my opinion and it hurts to realize that so many of the older generation are such true gentlemen but they are becoming a lost breed because of the loss of their skills and knowledge due to age and health related issues. The younger generation just doesn't have the background that these fine gentlemen had it seems to me. There is not enough good teachers left of this "art of gunsmithing." If Mr. Sanders could be cloned into a younger version with his wealth of knowlege and skills, I know there would many happy 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th generation outdoorsman that would be smiling.