Habersham County 2018 Report

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
I put in over 40 hours last week during muzzleloader and rifle n habersham and Stephens and have not seen the first deer. Did see a bear but not interested in killing them anymore.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Well I just saw a spike. It looked like a doe at first but made out some spikes about 2 inches long. I passed on him.

HabershamHunter85

I got one very nice buck on my camera, probably the biggest Ive seen on the property, but I've yet to see him while I was in the stand. Maybe I'll get him this weekend. Haven't hunted public land yet. Good Luck

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Saw a better spike today so we have meat in the freezer. Very few shots for a either sex day

HabershamHunter85

Congrats! Saw a 4 pointer with what looked like two great 8’s. Jumped them on my way out. Shot a coyote right at day break, so that made me happy!

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Good deal, we need to get rid of all the yotes

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
I'm sitting here and seen nothing and no shots heard. Hunting on NF land is just about a thing of the past.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Yes

HabershamHunter85

Yea I use to hunt up around Shirley Grove a lot, the Buck in my profile pic was harvested there. The deer are there they are just few and far between. There is just so much land up there for them to thrive on with no pressure. I think when they closed Grannies Camp it reduced the pressure that use to keep them moving more. Good Luck

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
I did see an Army helicopter fly over low, maybe they spook one my way.

tree cutter 08

Usually from now till close is time to be in the woods. I've killed my best deer and had best luck from 9th to 19th. It's been little later than that the last few years and this year looks to be the same with lack of acorns and prolonged summer heat.