Had a Bear pay us a visit yesterday. It needs a ride back to the National Forest

GAJoe

Here just South of Toccoa we haven't been visited by a bear in 15 years. I have heard of sightings nearby though. I'm guessing under 200lbs, but I haven't seen any weighed. It's bigger than a BIG dog.

_O2A8725FM.jpg

_O2A8735.jpg

_O2A8729FM.jpg
You could tell it was scared and just wanted to be back in the BIG WOODS
with no barking dogs or cars. Does the DNR want calls on sightings like this? Holiday weekend?

Last edited:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I would think they would want to be called & relocate it.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Here just South of Toccoa we haven't been visited by a bear in 15 years. I have heard of sightings nearby though. I'm guessing under 200lbs, but I haven't seen any weighed. It's bigger than a BIG dog.View attachment 1018248View attachment 1018249View attachment 1018250
You could tell it was scared and just wanted to be back in the BIG WOODS
with no barking dogs or cars. Does the DNR want calls on sightings like this? Holiday weekend?
Wish I had a bear or two roaming here. Always wanted to encounter one!

GAJoe

wvdawg

Staff member
He just wanted his picture on GON and knew where to go! Nice opportunity - nice shots!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Wish I had a bear or two roaming here. Always wanted to encounter one!

Their down as far as my place. Neighbors get pics on trail cams as the bird feeders go out in the summer. As more land gets subdivided in this area I suspect they will be a less common occurrence.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Their down as far as my place. Neighbors get pics on trail cams as the bird feeders go out in the summer. As more land gets subdivided in this area I suspect they will be a less common occurrence.
Yep, you actually have a decent population right around you. We hardly ever have them pass this way, and to think you are only 30 minutes from me.

GAJoe

No need to call if he isn't causing trouble. Great pics!
Thanks for the reply! That's what I thought but others said that I should. Wanted to know what y'all thought.

Yep, you actually have a decent population right around you. We hardly ever have them pass this way, and to think you are only 30 minutes from me.
Been here 18 yrs and this is a first for me. Heard of sightings reported near by. About 15 yrs ago after our road was paved two sets of tracks showed up in the newly added shoulder dirt in front of the house.

GAJoe

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Them bear markets is whut I'm fraid of.

GAJoe

Thanks!

Redbow

Maybe the Bear will wander on back into the deep woods without anyone feeding it. Quite a few people make that mistake around our area of the Croatan. Sometimes the result is a death sentence for the Bear. Beautiful young animal just a lookin' for a home.