Had the pleasure to fish for 30+ inch trout

GAHunterr

I went to Dukes Creek this past weekend with a couple of my buddies and had the honor of being able to fish in one of the best trophy trout streams east of the Mississippi. The largest trout caught from Dukes Creek is 33 inches. We saw some trout that were 20+ inches, but we couldn't capitalize. We landed a couple of 15+ inchers though. It was an amazing time. The fishing there is unbelievable. If anyone has the chance to make reservations there and get picked to fish it, I highly recommend it. It is some of the best fishing I have ever experienced in my life.

I got about half of the day on film, and I made a little trailer of our trip. I will have the full video out within a week. Here is the link to the trailer

TripleXBullies

What a catch! I fished dukes earlier this year and those big ones weren't easy to catch. There are definitely some bigguns in there. Was that the lower or the upper part?

GAHunterr

It has been several years, but I have had some good days from there!

It just opened back up to the public a few weeks ago. It's been guide only trips for the past couple of years I believe. I could be wrong, but that's what my buddy told me.

Teh Wicked

You got to get picked just to fish?

Unicoidawg

Staff member
It just opened back up to the public a few weeks ago. It's been guide only trips for the past couple of years I believe. I could be wrong, but that's what my buddy told me.

That's bad information. It is a public stream and with the proper reservation and licenses anyone can fish it no guide required. There is some great fishing, but be warned they can be very very finicky. Now your buddy may have been thinking about the Soque or Nacoochee Bend on the Chattahoochee where guides are required on private waters.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Does the special regs apply to Dukes Creek upstream on the national forest?

Thanks

The special regs end at the park boundary, so no as long as your above the park.