Handicap ramp for veteran. Kudus for big box store.UPDATE PROJECT COMPLETE

j_seph

About 2 years ago I started a search for someone/group to help my dad out with a handicap ramp. http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=547403&highlight=handicap+ramp
As I said then I appreciate everyone's offers. Dad didn't want to do it and my search sort of stopped at that point. Around the end of March this year I talked him into it(his head is alot harder than mine) so I made a few calls and got in touch with Operation Homefront. They got me in touch with Home Depot and within a couple days they called me to talk. Within a week the manager came to dads house and took some measurements and pictures. They sent the guy who will head up construction out to get exact measurements last Friday. Today I get a call from Home Depots manager and he tells me that they are going to do a small porch and ramp with rails all the way. Then he proceeds to tell me that they would also like to offer to put new shutters on the house as well as paint the entire house as well. Folks I am pretty much left in ahhh about all of this. Even the local boy scout troop is going to assist in this.

I tried the VFW and just got talk.
I tried Lowes and they offered a $100. You will see on the link that there were members here who offered that. Thanks again y'all.
No doubt who will and who will not get our business from here on out.

Last edited:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
There is a group (maybe optimist club) that does that kind of thing in my neck of the woods. Believe it's Home Depot that gives them materials too.

j_seph

Excellent deal!!! Although this post is pretty much useless without pics!:whip:
TheHomeDepot_full_full.png

BoKat96

That is awesome, glad he finally thought it through and let you pursue getting assistance. Home depot also gives a 10% discount to Service members and military retirees.

If you don't mind what VFW just gave lip service? PM me the response if that would alleviate any issues.

I am a life member and coming back to GA, I really don't want to mess with a post who doesn't support their local VETS. I have been around several posts who forget they are a community oriented organization and not just a spot to get a cold one.

Tell your father thanks for his service and to enjoy the benefits he earned.

good job!!! It pays to be hard headed. the madison rottery club builds 2 or three a month for the needed there somw some really good people out there

j_seph

Here's what showed up this morning from Home Depot
2012-05-20_14-08-44_776.jpg

there also gonna do some landscaping as well, now if someone don't come down the street to night and take off 80 bags of mulch.

j_seph

Well, they showed up this morning at 9 and left around 7 this eve.
Here is a before pic
2012-05-20_18-03-47_287.jpg

Now for the transformation
2012-05-21_19-09-30_184.jpg

2012-05-21_19-10-20_792.jpg

2012-05-21_19-10-38_422.jpg

2012-05-21_19-10-53_417.jpg

2012-05-21_19-11-00_462.jpg

2012-05-21_19-13-42_482.jpg

2012-05-21_19-19-30_295.jpg

2012-05-21_19-19-36_652.jpg

shakey gizzard

Sweeter! :cool: However the hydrangeas are planted in the wrong spots!;)

Last edited: