Handmade Quilts

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
You might try church groups or senor centers,or place add in market bulletin.

Anvil Head

There's an Atlanta Quilters' Guild, google it up. Lot of excellent quilters in that group. May have to go through Atlanta Sewing Guild to find the right link.

Dbender

You looking to buy or join a guild? Any quilt shop could point you in the right direction. Those quilting ladies can be slightly fanatical, my mother is one.?
478 654-6880 Birdsong quilt shop in byron, they could get you in touch with local quilters. The local guild does make special quilts for charities but they are pricey.

Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Oh, yes. They can be special. I have one that my Grandmother made for my father when he left home. It is nondescript, faded, stained, threadbare, and priceless.

Shadow11

I remember sleeping under them when I stayed at my granny's as a kid, when my dad was having surgery. There's something about em that made me sleep like never before. I don't know if it was the weight or what. Very heavy

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Look up quilt guilds in Georgia. A lot more than I realized.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
My step mother’s aunt use to make them. She made one from my late grandma’s clothing. Good luck with your search.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
A really nice homemade quilt isn't cheap, especially one of the older ones in excellent shape.

turkeykirk

I’m thinking about buying one from the Amish for my wife up in New York this Spring. Last time I priced one a few years back was 300-400 dollars. Might get sticker shock this year.

Redbow

My sister in law makes some of the nicest quilts I have ever seen. She is super good with doing such things in her spare time. I wish I still had one of my Grandma's quilts, they were plain as could be but wonderfully heavy and very warm to sleep under.

I wish I could post a picture of my SIL's quilt she made for us a while back, all beach scenes on it. A beautiful piece of art work for sure.

Latest posts