Hard gun cases needed ???

Dub

Picked this one up at Harbor Freight today.

$44 through 8/19/21 in various colors. Normally $60, I believe.

Appears to be fairly stout. 4 latches. O-ring gasket.

Has the foam in bottom section that is pre-cut into small cubes.

Should be fairly easy to make it fit guns, cameras, etc.

Figured I‘d get the word out in case you need one before hunting season kicks in.

Didn‘t notice if other sizes were on sale…didn’t look like it.

A026C007-8908-4457-905C-B7985C9E7436.jpeg6C6AF191-AE8E-44FB-AEE8-4841C58DAD08.jpegF6E3B9BA-6C87-4C30-9CA4-D910793B6475.jpegB9F2B433-33C3-4C93-97EC-721428545D21.jpeg

Darkhorse

Looks like a real nice case, especially for that price. I notice it has a waterproof rating of IP 65, I don't know how that relates to cases but ratings of IP68 and IP69 are higher grades. Maybe that's how they cut the cost?
Personally it wouldn't matter to me as the protection that case offers is more important.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

The soft-sided gun cases work fine for me on quick trips to a range….actually more desirable due to light weight.

On travels, or being tossed into truck beds or when wheeling them around on a hand truck these stackable hard cases are what I prefer.

I have no idea if these are on par with Pelican or similar.

lampern

They are China cases not on par with Pelican or SKB but not the price either

Let us know how it holds up

Dub

They are China cases not on par with Pelican or SKB but not the price either

Let us know how it holds up

There is that....the China aspects of it.

Didn't consider that when I was in there. Heck....likely 2/3 of HF store is China-made.

It should be robust enough for my needs.

The rifle cases they had in there were way more than I thought they'd be. Closer to Pelican pricing. They were "normal" price today.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Not to hijack the thread but not to to long ago I bought a 30" or 36" (think I got the 30" not looking at it right this second) savior backpack soft case, has plenty of storage for mags, note pads, ect, has the divided section and will hold 2 ar pistols, seems to be a good "go bag" and fits under the back seat of a truck nicely. Only complaint is the strap pads would need to be upgraded for any great distance type of walk, but it sits well, not to low or to high on the back, atleast for me, figured you would feel the rifle/sbr/pistol in your back but so far that hasn't been any issue.

I've seen those hard cases at harbor freight and just haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I agree they look nice, really nice for the price

rosewood

There is that....the China aspects of it.

Didn't consider that when I was in there. Heck....likely 2/3 of HF store is China-made.

Did you not notice their store name "Harbor Freight"? All of the freight comes from the harbor.

Edit:
The slow boat FROM China!

Last edited:

rosewood

Even a lot of name brand stuff is made in China. You ever looked at the bottom of a Yeti cup?

Rosewood

Dub

The 4800 sized model is on sale again at HF for $44.

Figured one would be pretty decent protection for a spotting scope, chrono, etc.....

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I like it.

Looks like a straight up Pelican knockoff down to the smallest details (at 1/4 the price).

Yep sooner rather than later we are going to have to decide whether to bite the bullet or give in to China.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Looking online they are $169.99 in black or tan...both in stock. I will swing in and check.

Dub

Looking online they are $169.99 in black or tan...both in stock. I will swing in and check.

Yeah....it was listing as normal price ($169) online for the rifle cases.

Once in the store I saw a they had Black and Tan models for $109...had a sticker on the rack...not a barcoded "on sale sticker" like the 4800-sized cases had.

Guessing it was a local store price. They had one tan rifle case left and I noticed it has some gouges into the flat sections of the lid. I passed on that one. Didn't look at the black ones (they get crazy hot in the back of the truck or sitting out at the range in direct sunlight).

rosewood

Didn't look at the black ones (they get crazy hot in the back of the truck or sitting out at the range in direct sunlight).
This is a good point I hadn't considered. I do like the looks of black better, but function sometimes trumps appearance (I think there is a pun in there also).

Rosewood