Hard Labor Creek State Park Questions

Cletus T.

Good morning you fine GON folks – got’s a question for the members here. We are having to change our Spring Fling Fishing trip location this year because I just found out that the camping is off limits right now at Charlie Elliott due to construction and renovations at the camp sites so we’re moving it over to Hard Labor Creek State Park and there is like a 275 acre lake there as well as another 45-acre lake too but I have no clue about the fishing there.

We bass fish and I know there are bass in there but I’m sure we will have to work for them but that is nothing new to us – we always have to grind to get a bite, but I was hoping I could get some fishing reports from this place. I’m not asking for top-secret areas or your secret bait that catches them but just some general info and tips. You can even send them through private messages if you would like.

Also – the camping situation out there, it looks really nice with cottages / cabins tent and RV spots with hooks up and bathrooms and showers and it really does look like a nice place.

Anyhoo – if you don’t mind sharing some info – please do!

Thank you and Happy New Year everybody!

Cletus

hipster dufus

Havent fished there in years, never had much luck. Shallow water. Every blowdown been beat to death. Hit the rocks. Beautifil campground. 10 limit i believe. Good luck.
Maybe try oconee springs, rv sites and cabins. Cabins nice enough. All gruoped together, fire pit and grills.

Cletus T.

thank you hipster for the input.

I really appreciate it

HermanMerman

Haven’t fished there in quite a while myself, but always fun to paddle around and is usually good for at least a three or four pounder each trip. And the wind always picks up pretty heavy by mid morning.

Right next door is Hard Labor Creek reservoir. Huge trolling motor only lake. I fished it once (heath has held me back), and I was super impressed. May be an option for you?

Cletus T.

Right next door is Hard Labor Creek reservoir. Huge trolling motor only lake. I fished it once (heath has held me back), and I was super impressed. May be an option for you?

Oh yeah - we've fished it several times and I love this lake and have caught and lost some really good bass.

Problem is for my group not everybody has the trolling motor set up. Some guys have big bass boats with gas motors.

We want to be able to camp and fish on the same property but I do think we're going to give folks that option to fish the Reservoir as well - if they so choose.

Cletus T.

Haven’t fished there in quite a while myself, but always fun to paddle around and is usually good for at least a three or four pounder each trip. And the wind always picks up pretty heavy by mid morning.

thank you sir for the good reply!

Cletus T.

Campground is nice, fishing not so much, the big lake has a 10hp limit.
I'm seeing that

Can you still put a bass boat in there with a big motor and just not crank it up? Just use the trolling motor?

That's what we normally do

Big7

The Oracle
There are nice enough log cabins on the old lake where the swimming area was years ago.

Haven't fished the new lake yet. Maybe this season. Should be some good Brim fishing from what I see from the shore line.