Hard worker looking

j_seph

. Jseph I have not, that is a long drive. Money would have to be GREAT. Jiminbogart I have thought about it before, but the places that would pay what I need are high competition, without any fire or emt I just an application in the stack. Stroker I have done the blue prints class and a couple of the layouts/ riveting class. BUT it has BEEN YEARS!!!
I KNOW SOME $80K TO $100K FOLKS OUT THERE WORKING AND THEY ARE NOT PILOTS OR FLIGHT CONTROL

Timberman

If you don't mind getting dirty try Rush Truck Center in Macon and Tifton. They are looking for Diesel Techs at both locations. Great pay and benefits and they will like that you have a cdl. Prove yourself and they will promote fast.

CrossCentered

The certificates of credit he mentions are just about worthless with out some hands one work experience. For Robins or any federal job position the normal hiring the order for a person with one years experience is usually veterans, women of color, men of color, white females, and then white males. Civilians with no experience are at the bottom of the ladder unless you have a high ranking sponsor. 40K with benefits and no experience is close to unrealistic in the Macon/Warner Robins job market. The CDL license is going to be his best option for the wages he seeks but his family life will likely suffer.
I make more than that now as an LEO. The “certificates without experience mean you are not getting any reasonable pay” I was told the same thing by a lady at the unemployment office after I completed a couple of my couple of the welding classes. I was offered a job factory welding $8 an hr. I literally don’t get it, that is why I went in law enforcement, no where local wanted to pay anything. I could travel weld for good money, but that family life wouldn’t work.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Is there any places that make trailers around there that need welders?? seems like a few places are always looking for welders around here

hopper

Maybee it's time to turn your skills and or work ethics into a buisness?? Alot of small service businesses can do $40,000 with one hand tied behind your back.
You could start out with a small campaign investment (website optimized, pay per click till your site gets optimized)
You could sacrifice the family time for a year and book small projects on your days off to get it rolling. Or just wait for your site to start generating calls before your make the plunge.
Who knows something to consider.

killerv

Good luck with search. I would stop with the "must make this" talk. I'd take whatever decent came along until I found something better if it meant getting the important bills paid on time. Gotta put your pride to the side a little some times. I'd clean toilets tomorrow if I had too. Geico in Macon just said they were hiring 500 more workers. I know people that like it and do very well and others that dont.

Could post your resume online and see what kind of bites you get.

CrossCentered

Maybee it's time to turn your skills and or work ethics into a buisness?? Alot of small service businesses can do $40,000 with one hand tied behind your back.
You could start out with a small campaign investment (website optimized, pay per click till your site gets optimized)
You could sacrifice the family time for a year and book small projects on your days off to get it rolling. Or just wait for your site to start generating calls before your make the plunge.
Who knows something to consider.
Good luck with search. I would stop with the "must make this" talk. I'd take whatever decent came along until I found something better if it meant getting the important bills paid on time. Gotta put your pride to the side a little some times. I'd clean toilets tomorrow if I had too. Geico in Macon just said they were hiring 500 more workers. I know people that like it and do very well and others that dont.

Could post your resume online and see what kind of bites you get.
Hopper I have highly considered the starting my own business. I have a welder, just collecting raw materials now. Killerv I have a job that I don’t have to leave, I am the only money maker for my house. It is impossible for me to survive making a penny less. I have never burned any bridges with previous employers, I am just looking for a change. I promise no pride issues here, I would pick up trash with my teeth, for my wife and 2 daughters!!!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
@CrossCentered Check out LehighHanson, Martin Marietta and Vulcan Materials. All have quarries in the Macon area. You WILL get dirty, likely often work more than 40/wk but not always and there may be some flexibility for a qualified maintenance worker and even as an entry level equipment operator, which MOST people are capable of, you can make well in excess of 40k with good benefits.

If you'd like/need more info feel free to PM me.

GONoob

The certificates of credit he mentions are just about worthless with out some hands one work experience. For Robins or any federal job position the normal hiring the order for a person with one years experience is usually veterans, women of color, men of color, white females, and then white males. Civilians with no experience are at the bottom of the ladder unless you have a high ranking sponsor. 40K with benefits and no experience is close to unrealistic in the Macon/Warner Robins job market. The CDL license is going to be his best option for the wages he seeks but his family life will likely suffer.

Agree, I came out of Georgia Tech with an ME degree and I started off at 45k.

At best you're looking at 25-30k with benefits for someone with no degree and experience and this is in metro Atlanta.

I second the self-employment route.

Cwill15

Agree, I came out of Georgia Tech with an ME degree and I started off at 45k.

At best you're looking at 25-30k with benefits for someone with no degree and experience and this is in metro Atlanta.

I second the self-employment route.

What year did you come out? Seems low, assuming "ME" is Mechanical Engineering

tbrown913

Good luck. I have 6 years LE, 3 years very successful restaurant management, 1 year construction management, 2 years maintenance manager, and a bachelors. Been a stay at home dad last 2 years due to need for my first born. Been trying to go back for 6 months without a bite. I think it's a conspiracy against LE lol.

CrossCentered

Just stick it out i put 25 years in at DeKalb County retired at 52 and been hunting and fishing ever since. Goes by quick.
. The stress on my family is not worth it. I love certain parts of LE, but it is definitely a toxic relationship LOL. The better you are at it, the more you have to work.