Have not posted in a very long time!

Hyper Sniper

I have not posted in probably close to two years.
I bought the business that I have worked at for 14 years and has kept me very busy indeed. I have still been fishing but not at the intensity that I used to go.

Anyway I had the pleasure of hosting Rick and his son Tyler for a day on the Lake. They were in the same hunting club as me and have wanted to go fishing with me for probably a year and a half.

Well we finally met at the lake after they drove down from Alabama.
We got started and got one early, but the fish didn't want to participate. But we kept at it hard and kept getting one here and one there. I had told them early that I expected to get a few on the giant spoon, so I said somebody needs to stay on that spoon. Well Ty is a great little fisherman and he was up to the challenge. So he kept at it as I tweeked his technique. He was such a fast learner and after an hour he pulled a 20lb class fish to the surface as it struck and missed.

Well Rick and Ty kept changing on and off as Ty caught more and more Stripers, and Rick got some also but was letting his son get the lions share. Lol

Then I found some good deep fish. We got several in the low to mid teens and again Ty persuaded a big girl to hit the spoon. He let a little to much slack happen and the big fish being a pro made him pay!!!

Ty then hooked and landed a nice one on the spoon and then ran up front to land a good one on the down line. Well while he was busy Dad decided to take up the now abandoned spoon. You guessed it he hooks a Big girl, we were all excited as he did a fantastic job of landing a beautiful 22lb Striper (His Best) and Ty got one more good fish and we called it a day.

So we had a ball spending the day together doing what we love to do.

Thanks to all for the years of support you've always given on the Board.
Dan D

Last edited:

Hyper Sniper

:yeah:

Attachments

• IMG_6983.jpeg
    IMG_6983.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_0890.JPG
    IMG_0890.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,068
  • IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,071

Worley

Fish

Dan the man, same story different year u still one of the best on the lake. Great job as always buddy, those fellas will remember that outing for a while.

Hyper Sniper

Thanks so much G man, look forward to another trip together one day!!!

brianj

Dan the man, same story different year u still one of the best on the lake. Great job as always buddy, those fellas will remember that outing for a while.

You're so right about that...
Dan was gracious enough to take myself and two boys a few years ago and they still talk about that trip.
Very similar day (minus the spoon). We were off to a slow start, but dan stayed on it and put us on some nice fish later in the day.
Thanks again Dan!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

I would put Dan up against ANYBODY on Lanier!!

Good to see ya post and I look forward to fishing with ya again! :cheers::cheers:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
That's good stuff right there!

Lanier Jim

Still the man....great job and welcome back Sniper. LJ

Cletus T.

Welcome back man………you are still all over those stripers. They can’t hide from you!!!!
Sounds like a great trip and thanks for sharing it with us!

bayoubetty

There are a few of us still around ;) Been looking for you to pop up catching a 50 on Lanier! Nice work on those fish!!! Awesome memories with those boys!!!!

Nothin but Fish

Just like the bike, skis and finding your way home...you never forget! Great job my friend!

Hyper Sniper

Thanks for the kind words and welcome backs from all you great guys and gals. Well Betty I haven't made the 50 yet but it is work in progress...LOL