Have you ever cried in the Deer Woods ??

CPiper

LOL!! 2 funny MEN!! I got your Cosmo!! :rofl:

Call it what you will .. I dont care what you call it, being a sissy, whimp, in touch with my femanine side, whatever!
:rolleyes: I aint got one thing to prove to any of you, only myself.
Apparently you have never read the journals of Lewis and Clark? Those men were "men's men" and trust and believe me, they cried. They got so hungry one time they CRIED for dog meat - read up me boys!! They were close to starving to death on several occassions, cold, lost and hungry will make almost anyone cry, and they were no exception.
George Washington, Abe Lincolon, Andrew Jackson, Robert E Lee ... so many MEN of America's past, hard core MEN, cried and were emotional when it came to certain issues.
I watched a documentary on the USS Wisconsin last week and one of the Navy Admirials cried right there in front of the press and audience when she was decommissioned for the 2nd time.
My Grandpa was a combat war Marine Vet, as hard a MAN as you'd ever meet in 4 lifetimes - tougher then nails - and if you mentioned his commrades that fell in combat beside him he would tear up and get silent.

Maybe it is YOU that is warped and out of touch with your emotions??
Maybe you have never had the Maker and Creator of the universe pay a special visit to your side while engaged in deer hunting?

And what MAN in his right mind would not get emotional when it came to a child??? I dare say that a MAN that can control himself and not show emotion or get emotional to some degree over a child, is lacking in the manhood department. Whats that old saying ... "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child", is that how it goes?!

Maybe you are cold and indifferent? Maybe since you think if a man cries he is less then a man has something to do with a bruised ego, or false sense of being, denial to ones own self worth and purpose? Maybe it is "the criers" that are "right" and you are "wrong"? :huh: ;)

Dont knock a man until you have earned the right to do so; you've never walked in my shoes.
If the Dr gave you, your wife, your child, your mom, dad, Grandpappy or your best friend 6 months to live, do ya reckon you'd be "emotional"??
Have you ever stood next to the side of loved one that you know is taking his/her last breaths and then watched them slide into eternity?
And as I take a stand in the deer woods, the weightiness and sincerity of LIFE can get and be overwelming!

34 replys? Isnt that what we are here to do, chat it up?
I had a feeling this would make for a good subject ... I was right! ::ke: :p :D

SADDADDY

you're kidding right?

That was in a different time and a different place, times were a lot harder back then, no way you can compare starving to death to sitt’n in the woods for a few hours and getting in your $35k pick-up and heading to the house when supper is ready. :eek:

George was frozen, watching his men die from lack of food or not enough clothes to keep them warm, Abe Lincoln was trying to keep the country together in a little fight we called the civil war where bothers were killing brothers, General Lee losing to the North

Any military man that served in any war has a good reason to shed a tear, they went thru big toebig toebig toebig toe and back, something I never would ever want to go thru (Vietnam, WWI and WWII, Korean War etc…)

Must be society we live in today (touchy feely Dr. Phil world) that a grown man would cry when a limb falls out of a tree…come on we are men, :banginghe

Don’t get me wrong I cry…when my daughters were born, when a family member dies, when I slam my hand in a car door, hit my thumb with a hammer…but I can never ever say I been brought to tears while sitting in the woods searching for the answer, or having a talk with the lord, A big smile may come across my face but not a tear

Be glad in the day that the lord has provided and give us the strength to do the things we enjoy, not cry about them

Oh yeah I did cry when sitting in a stand on a windy day and some snuff blew into my eyes
::ke:

scshep2002

Banned
Hunger??? WHat the hecek is going on here.

You tell me the last time you sat in the woods and cried because the beef jerky ran out in your pocket!! Like saddaddy said those were much different times and you started out with crying in the woods, not crying in a combat zone, which is perfectly fine with me, having served, and crying over a death, or the joy of an arriving child, but in the woods is what you asked!!! Now we are all crying over starving without some pringles in your backpack?? LOL Youa re right this post did get a lot of responses lol Like the guy who caught his willy lol **** **** now thats something I would cry over laughing lol :rofl:

Swamprat

Swamprat
i'mm'mm teeringg uuup soso baad iiii caann''t scseee thei kekeyboarrrd

Dog Hunter

This past year I got a call on my cell that my 82 year old granddaddy had killed a buck. It has been serval years since he had even pulled the trigger on one. He is getting on up in years and his health is not that great. That made my whole year right there. I didn't care if I killed a buck or not after that. I just wish I had been there with him. We never know when it is his last year.

SADDADDY

CPiper said:
Dont knock a man until you have earned the right to do so; you've never walked in my shoes.
If the Dr gave you, your wife, your child, your mom, dad, Grandpappy or your best friend 6 months to live, do ya reckon you'd be "emotional"??
Have you ever stood next to the side of loved one that you know is taking his/her last breaths and then watched them slide into eternity?
And as I take a stand in the deer woods, the weightiness and sincerity of LIFE can get and be overwelming!

You're right, I am not trying to knock anyone for how the feel or act I just found it to be a funny topic indeed ::ke:

maybe it is how different people are brought up :huh: myself never seen my father or his father ever shed a tear about anything and they grew up in hard times and lived a hard life which they taught me that life is tough, fall off your bike and get back at it, shake it off and keep on keeping on. :cool:

so if some dude wants to cry his eyes out for what ever reason than that's cool with me, it doesn't make him any less of a man in my eyes, but would make me think twice about who I would have next to me in a fox hole fighting for my life in some crazy war :huh:

good thread, I have enjoyed reading all the resonses :cheers: