Having a blast at Gulf SP in Gulf Shores

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Painted a few rocks and hid them in various place around the park and in town.IMG_3013.JPGIMG_3014.JPGIMG_3015.JPGHere are pics of a few of the rocks. I have done a dozen or so so far.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a fine place to be! Now, you need to catch some of those pompano and cook them up!

Big7

The Oracle
That looks like a lot of fun ! We know y'all won't starve. You just brought the kitchen with you. Not to mention the great pictures.

I've been Jones-ing for some salt water lately. The Boss Hen is looking for places to stay on the Gulf and Atlantic side in early to mid-June. Possibly July.

Bet y'all are eating good and having lots of fun! Good luck on the rest of the trip!

Big7

The Oracle
What is the significance of the painted rocks? Is that a family thing or something to do with the park?

I'm sure wishing I was looking at some salt water and down-rods ! ?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
What is the significance of the painted rocks? Is that a family thing or something to do with the park?

Painting and leaving rocks around is just a hobby. There are several rock painting groups on Facebook and I am a member of a few of them. Just a fun passtime. When found, folks will post a pic to the group listed on the back of the rock. It's fun to see where they end up. We hid rocks while in Alaska.
I did a little canvas work as well.

Osprey in Pine.jpg

Cmp1

BANNED
Painting and leaving rocks around is just a hobby. There are several rock painting groups on Facebook and I am a member of a few of them. Just a fun passtime. When found, folks will post a pic to the group listed on the back of the rock. It's fun to see where they end up. We hid rocks while in Alaska.
I did a little canvas work as well.

View attachment 962824
Nice,,,,beautiful,,,,

Oldstick

It obviously is a beautiful place to camp. We've heard so many positive reviews about it. But I am going to give a negative comment.

We are campers from the old school, 1960s as kids with our parents. I have never come across a campground that would not allow you just to ride through and see the place if you were in the area.

Last fall, we were in a FL state park near Pensacola. Rained the whole time and one day we were bored and drove over to Gulf State Park just to see how it looked for future reference. My wife is very particular about how the sites are spread out, so she likes to see the place first. Inquired at the office and NO, "We have such a great number of sites and great facilities that you have to pay the daily fee just to ride through and look." Despite the pouring rain and the fact we obviously had no camper hitched up. Couldn't they manage to write us a temporary 30 minute ride through pass? Evidently not.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Bad stuff. Somebody there was having a bad day. They allowed us to do just that twice in the last two years. Both times we reserved spots blind and were staying in hotels in the summer. We told them we want to see what the sites for spring trips we reserved for looked like and they gave us passes.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Good pics and drawings David. (y)

Are you gonna get you one of those bonnets?

sparky

It obviously is a beautiful place to camp. We've heard so many positive reviews about it. But I am going to give a negative comment.

We are campers from the old school, 1960s as kids with our parents. I have never come across a campground that would not allow you just to ride through and see the place if you were in the area.

Last fall, we were in a FL state park near Pensacola. Rained the whole time and one day we were bored and drove over to Gulf State Park just to see how it looked for future reference. My wife is very particular about how the sites are spread out, so she likes to see the place first. Inquired at the office and NO, "We have such a great number of sites and great facilities that you have to pay the daily fee just to ride through and look." Despite the pouring rain and the fact we obviously had no camper hitched up. Couldn't they manage to write us a temporary 30 minute ride through pass? Evidently not.
I have had the same experience at some of the coe campgrounds on altoona,would not let me ride thru

Oldstick

I have had the same experience at some of the coe campgrounds on altoona,would not let me ride thru

Yep, I don't understand. You take the time to stop and ask. It's not like they couldn't jot down your tag and drivers licenses if they really feel the need to. I would even stop and sign out when leaving if they wanted me to.

Huntinfool

Ah Pay!!!! We were there the first week of April....like literally 3-4 sites down from you and I had no idea!