Hawke optics

mossyoakpro

Anyone have any reviews on Hawke Optics? I need a reasonable scope to mount on an AR 10 for daytime hog control. They look pretty clear but that's all I had a chance to do at the dealer.

Thanks in advance!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I have 2 Hawke optic items, both from the Vantage line.

A fixed 4x32 scope, and a pair of 8x25 compact binos.

Both items are MUCH better than their price would suggest. Bright, clear, good focus controls and nice turrets.

Son has a 3x9x40 Hawke scope and it is really nice also.

Feeling like you got more than your money's worth don't happen often, but this is certainly the case with Hawke.

thumper523

I'm satisfied with the 3 I own. I have the Vantage 2-7x32 Mil Dot on an AR15, 450BM, and a 2-7x32 30/30 reticle on a, you guessed it, 30-30. Other is an older 3-9x40 IR on my Grendel.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I have been waiting for my LGS to get one in from the Endurance SF series I might try

one of my friends got one when they first started showing up...thing was noting but trouble..parallax was way off on it...sold it as new when they replaced it for him.

Bottomtime

I bought a Vantage 3-9x40 and put on a Savage Lightweight hunter in .308. I could not get that rifle to shoot to save my life. Over 15 different boxes of ammo were tried in an attempt to get something of a respectable (minute of deer) group. I was lucky to keep a 6 inch group with anything I tried. I went from a 2 piece mount to a one piece and checked everything under the sun. I was about ready to have someone start looking in detail at the bore when I stopped by the LGS and asked if there was a decent used scope I could buy to try and eliminate the possibility that the optic was the issue. LGS owner handed me a 3-9x40 Nikon he had just taken off a brand new combo he sold a customer who wanted a better scope and told me to take it home and try it. I slapped it on the rifle, sent 3 rounds downrange within an inch of each other. I made windage and elevation adjustments to bring it to center and have never taken the Nikon off.

I put the Hawke back in the box and took it back to the LGS where I bought it. They said they would swap it out with the Hawke rep next time he came in the store. I forgot about it for several months and then stopped by to see what the outcome was. The LGS owner had forgotten about sending it with the rep so a call was made. The rep said that model was no longer in production and asked the LGS what they had in stock. Closest thing he had there was an Endurance 30 WA SF with the illuminated reticle. Rep said "hand it to him and apologize for our delay in resolving this issue". I basically got a $600 (MSRP) scope in exchange for the $150 one I had bought. The Endurance is a LOT better scope than the Vantage and so far has served me very well on another rifle.

In the end, I'm on the fence with Hawke. The first scope was definitely a dud and it took 6 months to resolve the exchange, but ultimately they made it right by me and the new product is doing what it is supposed to do. I would likely give them another try if the price was right but I am also hesitant to give a glowing recommendation.